Noise at start up

iride

Registered
Its driving me crazy, Its only when the engine is cold, If I pull in the clutch it
is not as loud, I have a 2008 Busa, I did tighten the clutch bolts and installed H/D springs,,, No change in noise??? After it warms up the noise goes away...
Could it be my Cam chain adjuster???
I had a ZX 1100 that did the same thing when the cam chain adjuster was not adjusting right????
Mike

What sort of noise is it? I'm guessing a clicking sound...?

Its a noise, I guess i would call it a clicking sound, It can be heard 10 feet away from the bike on start up, It loud,,,,
Mike

A Hayabusa....they all do it. They clunk about when started and surge a bit till warmed up. Have two 08's in the garage, they both do the same thing. Let her warm up a bit and ride her...you'll be fine!

My 08 does the same same thing....started at 10k...what the crap is it?

Cool.....makes me feel a bit better. I really like this hunk of plastic and aluminum. I have seen you posting and would like to meet you sometime. Are you going t be at the etr eosb?

my 08 orange does the same thing I was told by several mechanic's it's the cam chain, and would do that for life unless you get adjustable sprockets and a new cam chain tensioner

A Hayabusa....they all do it. They clunk about when started and surge a bit till warmed up. Have two 08's in the garage, they both do the same thing. Let her warm up a bit and ride her...you'll be fine!

Yep, what he said. I've owned an 08 and an 09, and they've both done it. Doesn't sound like a problem to me. :beerchug:

OK, I am going to get my SCOPE out and pin point the noise,,,tomorrow
I will post up my findings, I priced a OEM cam chain adjuster, wow Suzuki is proud of them,,,,
Mike

mine has done it for quite a while, now at 8k miles and it does it every time on cold start up. Have read a bunch on here and seems like almost every busa does it and it's completely fine, from what i have read the busa engine is pretty noisy

I put a scope on it at start up,, Some of the noise is coming from the clutch area,, But a lot of it is coming from the cam chain area by the adjuster, Just let it idle and the noise just faded,,,
So on mine it is not 100% clutch noise, Lots of it is coming from the cam chain,,
So my next question is has anyone replaced there cam chain adjuster????
Mike

My '08 does it as well. REALLY loud when REALLY cold! Dealer of course said its normal.
No Bubbles, No Troubles. Ride it!

Back