ticking noise

mister08busa

Registered
homeboy has a 2009 suzuki hayabusa when he first start it it makes a loud ticking and slowly goes away when it warms up but dont completely go away and he got another exhaust brock alien head and it was still doing the same thing.thought maybe it was an exhaust leak but mu opinion i think a vavle has gone bad.HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS NOISE

Mine has done that since I bought it new in 08. I was concerned at first but after being on here and seeing that others have it to I forgot about it. I think it comes from the timing chain. No issues with mine so far. :thumbsup:

i bought my 08 new too but it did it a little but went away. now i have a new 2012 model i bought new and i dont hear it at all.it has i have 2900 miles on it now.maybe it was the year or sumn ion know but his is very noticeable

i bought my 08 new too it made the noise a little but went away after warm up. but i have a new 2012 model i bought new and i have 2900 miles on it and it dont do it at all

Yep since day one, shop said it was normal but it bugged me to death.

if it's a louder than normal tick a timing chain swap corrected mine.

Try a different oil. My bikes clickety clacks with some oils and others like the one I'm using now it runs a lot quieter.

they all do it mate, to a greater or lesser extent.especially under load when cold then its loudest.as long as its quiet when hot i'd forget about it.

Got mine new and noticed the sound too during cold start. Tried clutching in and the sound goes away.

After bike had been warmed up, it completely goes off. Nothing to worry about...

I know this is an old thread but did anyone get to the bottom of this ticking,it seems it was just k8-9 that had it and has anyone had any problems from it,was the problem still there after doing clutch mod

Back