ticking noise at low rpms, help please?

hemi

Registered
just noticed a little ticking noise at low rpm's on my 08 busa. I have about 2500 miles on it, the noise is coming from the left side black cover (i think the stator cover). Am i right it's the stator, the clutch basket is on the right side of the bike while sitting on it, correct? If i rev the bike slowly it ticks/rattles a little bit when it reaches 2-3k rpm, never noticed this before. Thought it was do to the clutch tsb but, if i'm not mistaken the clutch is on the other side

it was in the shop about a month ago bc it was having starting issues and the rectifier (voltage regulator) was bad. Would they have taken this cover off for any reason to troubleshoot the charging system

was just doing a little research, could it possibly be the fuel injectors opening/closing. Not sure if it's done this since i owned the bike bc i obviously can't hear it with helmet on

You are correct about the stator cover and clutch cover locations, As for the ticking, Cant help you there.

ok, good. When my bike was in the shop i asked them about the clutch tsb bc i thought that might be the noise. They said they checked and it didn't need the recall done

So while they were checking that they didnt bother to see what the clicking was. ???

I would recommend buying a mechanics stethoscope from auto zone for about 10 bucks. I have a ticketing sound also and I traced it down to just a noisy clutch basket on the right side of the bike.

Good luck.

i didn't notice the ticking until just now. Didn't hear it before i took it to the shop. It probably always did this, just never noticed bc i always have my helmet on. It's not loud by any means, i almost have to get off the bike and crouch down by the right side to hear it. I wonder if it could be the fuel injectors opening/closing.

Rest Easy Brother, As I'm almost 100% sure all is ok! Mine & my Buddy's 08 along with ALOT of others on here make the same "Ticking" Noise ay low RPM'z. Pretty much narrowed it down to Valves & Injectors are a Little noisy in that area......Totally normal for Gen2 Busa's. :beerchug:

same here 08 fastest color orange and black little noise but still runs all over the other busa's out there LOL no noise is ok just run like hell :beerchug:

I also have that ticking noise. Ticks through 5500RPM. Hear it through my Arai helmet. I hear it best when on the bike from above. Not so much while on stand. Maybe the ticking is louder while in gear, cruisin. Will have shop test ride it during first service. Will post results when I get their opinion.

Rest Easy Brother, As I'm almost 100% sure all is ok! Mine & my Buddy's 08 along with ALOT of others on here make the same "Ticking" Noise ay low RPM'z. Pretty much narrowed it down to Valves & Injectors are a Little noisy in that area......Totally normal for Gen2 Busa's. :beerchug:

Yep! Same with mine and it drove me nuts until I realized it was normal for the Gen II's

Back