Do you plug in 02 Sensor!!!!

GYJUNIOR50

Registered
Just installed two brothers 4-2-1 system with dyno jet and K&N air filter.
I used the sensor to plug up the 02 bong but did not plug the wire to the sensor. At idle the bike surges alittle and seems not to have as much power as I would imagine in mid range. Please help:banghead:

The bike will run fine w and w/o O2-sensor as long as the PC III is correctly mapped and a O2-sensor eliminator is used when the sensor is disconnected. I have tried both combinations and the bike likes both of them, as I do. The difference running with connected O2-sensor is that the bike will be marginally less responsive at light loads, but the mileage will be better if that is a concern.

You need to get a map or tune for the PC. By just plugging it in, it isn't doing anything which is why it appears not to run correctly. That's like bolting on a new carburetor but not putting the correct jets in for it to run properly....

Im a little confused here,I thought on the GEN2 because of the closed loop system,a PC is not "needed" with a full system because with the o2 sensor it is able to adjust proper air/fuel ratios on the fly,this was the complaint with the Brocks full systems and the o2 fitting being a different size then stock o2,hence the added cost of buying a PC with a brocks system.

can someone clarify this

Last edited:
Im a little confused here,I thought on the GEN2 because of the closed loop system,a PC is not "needed" with a full system because with the o2 sensor it is able to adjust proper air/fuel ratios on the fly,this was the complaint with the Brocks full systems and the o2 fitting being a different size then stock o2,hence the added cost of buying a PC with a brocks system.

can someone clarify this

Gen II Busa can be used without PC III, by the reason you say, and will run perfectly fine also with an aftermarket system. But it will deliver more power with a correctly mapped PC III, which will add extra fuel to achieve maximum power.

I installed an M4 full system and the A/F ratio was about as good as it gets without a PC.

If you're running stock ecu only plug it in. PCIII, your choice, but you should have an FI light unless you have the dumbie plug installed.

A map was placed on the power comander by the shop that installed the system.
Very new to all this so just want to make sure I get the most bang for my buck.
Thanks for all the Knowledge guys!!!
:thumbsup::bowdown:

can someone clarify this

This is a myth that people have been spreading for a long time. The closed loop system DOES NOT self adjust. You need a PC or some form of tuner to get the most from your bike.

The bike will be okay putting around town using the O2 sensor but you are leaving a LOT on the table as far as the bikes capability by not using a tuner. With a proper tune, it's a totally different bike vs just using the factory O2 setup...

True, the closed loop system does only operate (controls the engine) on light to medium loads. For higher loads the fuel injection is controlled by fixed values, for a stock system, which does not match a bike with a full aftermarket exhaust.

This is a myth that people have been spreading for a long time. The closed loop system DOES NOT self adjust. You need a PC or some form of tuner to get the most from your bike.

08 Hayabusa closed loop circuit explained

The system is designed to read the Oxygen sensor under certain conditions and temporarily change the air/fuel ratio. The closed loop circuit has a very limited operating range, which is only in effect while holding a steady speed at certain rpm's and throttle positions. In this limited area, the stock system (with or without the Power Commander) will gradually and temporarily lean out the air fuel ratio in an attempt to achieve an air/fuel ratio of 14.7:1 (stochiometric). The Oxygen sensors can be disconnected but this will trip the F.I. dash warning light.

08 Hayabusa closed loop circuit explained

The system is designed to read the Oxygen sensor under certain conditions and temporarily change the air/fuel ratio. The closed loop circuit has a very limited operating range, which is only in effect while holding a steady speed at certain rpm's and throttle positions. In this limited area, the stock system (with or without the Power Commander) will gradually and temporarily lean out the air fuel ratio in an attempt to achieve an air/fuel ratio of 14.7:1 (stochiometric). The Oxygen sensors can be disconnected but this will trip the F.I. dash warning light.

Do you now understand everything that's wrong with that...?

This is what i've been trying to explain to him(xxx)in another thread, maybe he will take your guyz word for it.

what have you been trying to explain to me, that it isnt a closed loop circuit?

it is a closed loop circuit to an extent,if you read what I copied and pasted there. you are hung up on something else. my original statement was "you do not need a pc with a full system if you can connect the o2 sensor" which you dont because of the "closed loop circuit" unlike the GEN1. is it a "perfect" closed loop circuit? obviously not,its limited .

you make it sound like your trying to school me or something:rofl:

Do you now understand everything that's wrong with that...?

tell me whats wrong with it?

does it not "temporarely change A/F mixture? YES

will a full system run good with o2 sensor in and no pc? YES

so tell me,please,whats wrong with it, and Im not talking about top end runs,thats obviously gonna always be better if you can dial it in,but how many ppl are out there running WOT everyday.

I'm running a pc3usb WITH the closed loop system. Is this good or bad? I do have a full Ti-Force exhaust system with the Ti-Force map.

what have you been trying to explain to me, that it isnt a closed loop circuit?

it is a closed loop circuit to an extent,if you read what I copied and pasted there. you are hung up on something else. my original statement was "you do not need a pc with a full system if you can connect the o2 sensor" which you dont because of the "closed loop circuit" unlike the GEN1. is it a "perfect" closed loop circuit? obviously not,its limited .

you make it sound like your trying to school me or something:rofl:

Bro your taking me all wrong.....this whole conversation came up because a member asked whether he should run a PC/Bazzaz or stay with the stock 02 sensor when switching to an AH exhaust. I simply suggested he 86 the stock 02(BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT A TRUE CLOSED LOOP SYSTEM LIKE MOST THINK!!!!!)and run a FI box of some sort.....i don't know many people that buy an AH exhaust and then want to sacrifice PERFORMANCE:rofl: But no worries brother, im not trying to school ya, you keep running that "closed loop" system:thumbsup:

Last edited:
tell me whats wrong with it?

does it not "temporarely change A/F mixture? YES

will a full system run good with o2 sensor in and no pc? YES

so tell me,please,whats wrong with it, and Im not talking about top end runs,thats obviously gonna always be better if you can dial it in,but how many ppl are out there running WOT everyday.

It's changes the mixture but not to what is required. See the other thread for more info.... :beerchug:

Back