SURGING AT IDLE Need Help!!

GYJUNIOR50

Registered
Bike will surge at idle 1k to about 1.3k. Is that nomal when adding full exhaust and k&n filter and dyno jet power comander. Or do you thik I should get a different map for pc3.

I moved my idle up to 1400 rpm and it smoothed it out a bit.
Your map may be off a bit at idle, is what I think does that.

I moved my idle up to 1400 rpm and it smoothed it out a bit.
Your map may be off a bit at idle, is what I think does that.

It's a Gen2...different system than YOUR Gen1 :laugh:

:please: check what forum someone posts in before
you post, or get more info on what year and what
mods have been to THEIR bike :thumbsup:

Gen2 has no fast idle lever and the ECU has more control
over the idle circuit vs. the Gen1. Plus they have primary
and secondary injectors...he probably does not have the
02 sensor hooked up...did he use the 'required' 02 bypass?

Maybe he is using the wrong map? Might have a vacuum leak?

Lots of possibilities...need more info first :idea::idea::idea:

Bike will surge at idle 1k to about 1.3k. Is that normal when adding full exhaust and k&n filter and dyno jet power commander. Or do you think I should get a different map for pc3.

This is a 'Gen2' forum...is you bike a '08-'09?

Did you install the parts yourself? PC3R?

Any other mods? How many miles?

It's a Gen2...different system than YOUR Gen1 :laugh:

:please: check what forum someone posts in before
you post, or get more info on what year and what
mods have been to THEIR bike :thumbsup:

Gen2 has no fast idle lever and the ECU has more control
over the idle circuit vs. the Gen1. Plus they have primary
and secondary injectors...he probably does not have the
02 sensor hooked up...did he use the 'required' 02 bypass?

Maybe he is using the wrong map? Might have a vacuum leak?

Lots of possibilities...need more info first :idea::idea::idea:

Sorry if I offended you.
I did see it was a gen II thread.
I assumed that the PC controlled the amount of fuel at idle, but I guess you are telling us it doesn't.
I didn't try and list everything it could possibly be, but just made 1 quick suggestion that he might try.
I guess because I don't have 30,000 posts I don't know as much as you, but I will continue to post and try and not criticize anyone else, but just add my suggestions and the fellow can pick what he wants to try.

My 08 did the same thing when I swapped over to a full exhaust and pc3. After about a week I got annoyed and soldered the TPS connection. I didn't like the dynojet clip thingee anyway. That took care of the problem and it hasn't happined since.

Also I don't think my PC3 map (downloaded from dynojet) affects the idle. If I remember right the first column was all 0's.

I hope someone smarter chimes in with better answers but that's what happined to me.

Last edited:
My 08 did the same thing when I swapped over to a full exhaust and pc3. After about a week I got annoyed and soldered the TPS connection. I didn't like the dynojet clip thingee anyway. That took care of the problem and it hasn't happined since.

Also I don't think my PC3 map (downloaded from dynojet) affects the idle. If I remember right the first column was all 0's.

I hope someone smarter chimes in with better answers but that's what happined to me.

If they are all zeros that means it has used the stock map. (didn't add or subtract anything)

Back