Full Yoshimura R77 Install: PC5 Tune or Something Better? Leave stock O2 sensor?

The_One_K9

Registered
Here's the backstory:

Bought a 09 Hayabusa with an already installed PC5, Brock's Alienhead and K&N filter.

Changing exhaust systems to a Yoshmura R77 full system.

Question 1: The R77 install instructions state that the stock O2 sensor should be reinstalled. The Brock's system does not use the O2 sensor and the previous owner didn't include it in the sale of the bike. For you guys with the FULL R77 system, are you running the O2 sensor? http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/images/112100(2,5,6,7).pdf

Question 2: What are you doing to tune the bike? I currently have a PC5 installed on the bike, but what are my other options? ECUeditor? I don't just want to download some random map from the internet, and I don't want to run the exhaust as is since I feel that a tune is necessary. I want to get it tuned by a professional so it runs optimally.

Question 3: If the stock O2 sensor is needed, let me know if you have one as I'd like to buy it from you.

I am running the same system. I am using the O2 sensor. I had my bike dyno tuned.

Is there a reason you took the Brock system off and went with the Yoshimura?

I have a 2011 withe the same setup. Don't install an O2 sensor. Use a PC5 Optimiser on the sensor cable. Then download a map from the PC5 website. I use the Akro map. All installation instructions are on the website. If you want to de-restrict the ECU you'll have to buy a flasher from Boost By Smith. I did and unitized STP and ignition timing parameters, balanced the injectors, removed gear and speed restrictions. The tuning changes make for a great package. Or, you can get all of the above accomplished by an experienced Hayabusa dyno tuner.

I am running the same system. I am using the O2 sensor. I had my bike dyno tuned.

Is there a reason you took the Brock system off and went with the Yoshimura?

So you have the stock O2 sensor installed and the bike is tuned?

How did the tuner tune it? PC5?

I would leave the Brock's system on and get a PC for it if that's your preferred tuning method and have it tuned... :laugh:

Back