Where can I get ABM Superbike handlebar kit instructions in English?

chobers

Donating Member
Registered
I got the kit through Spiegler and the instructions are in German. The only words I could make out were "bitte" and "Plotz!"

Any ideas?

Here you go.
They don't come with many pictures either.
I recently put these on my Gsxr1k, and put them on my Gen2 Busa years ago, so I may be able to help you if you are having problems with the install.

20240110_153013.jpg

20240110_153225.jpg

20240110_153204.jpg

20240110_153055.jpg

20240110_153134.jpg

Wow! That's terrific. Thanks a lot for going to the trouble of posting the pictures.
When I read (ABM) that if I didn't know exactly what I was doing I would probably do it wrong and kill myself (paraphrased,) I decided to let a certified mechanic do the install. He told me that English instructions would "save me money."

So this is just terrific; thanks again.

Wow! That's terrific. Thanks a lot for going to the trouble of posting the pictures.
When I read (ABM) that if I didn't know exactly what I was doing I would probably do it wrong and kill myself (paraphrased,) I decided to let a certified mechanic do the install. He told me that English instructions would "save me money."

So this is just terrific; thanks again.

Yes sir, Im glad that helps.

the bar ends with the rubber sleeve are damn junky crap.
it doesn’t matter which manufacturer it is !

reason?

no matter how hard you turn the Allen key, the bar ends vibrate outwards after a while and therefore become loose.
it goes so far that at some point you can just easyly pull them out and then they're gone.

the only bar ends that really stay tight in the aluminum bar in the long term are those that have a metal sleeve with a wedge.

wants to say:
only those in which a metal wedge, pulled from the Allen key, stretches a sleeve and thus wedges the whole thing in the handlebar, are really of any use.experiences?

yes - very own, lots of them.

rubber at this point is really scrap / junk - unfortunately you have to say it so harshly.

what i mean with the metal sleeve u can see at the pic below - made by "highsider" (or built similar).
HH161-030-_9159_600x600.jpg

seller for example :

and read my homepage here where i described the problematics while assambling the bar and its clamps.

that´s what (who ever) all manuf. don´t tell !!!

but this detail is super vital because if installed incorrectly,
such a clamp can break and then the handlebar is no longer a handlebar but just a loose piece of pipe in your hand.

and read my homepage here where i described the problematics while assambling the bar and its clamps.

such a clamp can break and then the handlebar is no longer a handlebar but just a loose piece of pipe in your hand.
Danke. I am going to take a few screenshots to the mechanic who does the install.

argh

mechanic? in a commercial workshop?
how much have u to pay per hour there ?

my exp. is that this handlebar-change to sb-style needs in total around 3-4 hours .

with a manual to ur busa and good tools u can do the job urself.
The dealer said it would cost around $200- to install the kit. I can do simple maintenance jobs, but life-and-death stuff I leave to the professionals. I could probably do it, but I might put something on backwards or upside-down without realizing it.

The dealer said it would cost around $200- to install the kit. I can do simple maintenance jobs, but life-and-death stuff I leave to the professionals. I could probably do it, but I might put something on backwards or upside-down without realizing it.

$200 is a fair price for that job, I'de even say cheap, especially from a dealer, as it takes time to do it right.

I was looking at your online info and ran across Wilbers, which doesn't seem to have a large presence here in the States. A whole bunch of good information. Thanks for putting it up there!

With the Service Manual in hands , it's a easy swap
All Torque settings on a list is a must

Hope your Brake and Clutch line/hose is in the KIT
Wiring loom must be re-route

With the Service Manual in hands , it's a easy swap
All Torque settings on a list is a must

Hope your Brake and Clutch line/hose is in the KIT
Wiring loom must be re-route
I think Spiegler cuts the lines for the kit after somebody orders one. The guy who's going to install it is the mechanic for a dealer of Suzuki and BMW who's been around a long time.

Back