When/how often to change oil on a new engine?

Because they probably don't race and even if they do, their bosses probably won't let them suggest I redline my busa in any gear for legal reasons.

Twelve years later and 16,000 miles I'll be doing a compression test this summer. If it looks good (and I have no reason to suspect it won't), I'll do another redline break in on any new bike I get in the future.

It's my post. It's a great one. :laugh: Glad it was dragged up, for the longest time, I've been thinking I bought the 08 busa in 2010. One of the last brand new 08 Black/Oranges to be had.
More food for thought. Here's a pretty complete test...

More food for thought. Here's a pretty complete test...
That's a pretty different motor that the Hayabusa though. They even say they wouldn't rev a brand new CBR 600 to 15,000 rpm. I probably would. As some of the comments below the article mention, bikes are dynoed at the factory and they must have been redlined to do that. There was a thread a while back where some people said only a few bikes are dynoed at the factory. Others say every bike has the dyno numbers included with the bike in the crate to ensure the motor falls into the specced range for power. The dealerships obviously wouldn't divulge that info if it existed.

Back