when a bike falls over (insurance question)

TommyGunn1300

Registered
anyone ever had to deal with the insurance company when your bike fell over? mine fell over and i would love to report it because i feel thats why i pay for full coverage every month. do rates go up? i was not on or near the bike when it fell over. anyone know what this would fall under?

Thanks

It's has alot to do with your policy, time you've had the policy, and insurance company. Normally, it will make rates go up. Some policies have a "forgiveness" clause. I would talk to your insurance agent before doing anything.

Ok thanks I might give them a call. I also hit another deer in my car so its either pay to fix bike or pay to fix car. Don't want to report both because I have aready hit two deer this year. We have state farm and been with them about 3 years
Posted via Mobile Device

Most times it would fall under comp...while it may not directly affect your premium, it may indirectly by disqualifying you for certain discounts...

Something even your agent may not know to tell you...it can be taken into consideration when renewing your policy under the underwriting guidelines...

DO NOT CALL OR EVEN MENTION IT TO YOUR INSURANCE UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU WANT TO GO THROUGH WITH IT!

Sorry for the caps, but they will record it, and it will stay on record that there was an incident.

DO NOT CALL OR EVEN MENTION IT TO YOUR INSURANCE UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU WANT TO GO THROUGH WITH IT!

Sorry for the caps, but they will record it, and it will stay on record that there was an incident.

yeah i didn't want to call and ask questions to my agent. i dont mind doing it as long as the rates will not go up. i just dont want it to go up or get dropped. the last company let me go because i reported too many things. they said i was "high risk". dont want it to happen again because i get great rates. last time i have reported something was the end of June.

In the been there done that realm of State Farm. If you drop the bike in any way shape or form it would fall under collision. (Even if you are just sitting on it and it falls over.) Mine dropped off the kickstand with me about 10 feet away...comprehensive. Don't know about others, but my rates did not go up in any way from the claim. Been with State Farm about 25 years now.

just got off the phone with the agent. i told them i had no idea how it fell and they said it would fall under collision unless i told them wind blew it over but thats not even believeable. quess i'll just pay it out of pocket........one day :(

This is exactly why I have liability only. If I have a claim of any kind, my rates go up and I end up repaying the insurance company anyway. So why not keep that money I'd pay out in premiums and put that towards any physical loss I may have?

If you have a major claim they are going to cheat you anyway.

This is exactly why I have liability only. If I have a claim of any kind, my rates go up and I end up repaying the insurance company anyway. So why not keep that money I'd pay out in premiums and put that towards any physical loss I may have?

If you have a major claim they are going to cheat you anyway.

well its nice to have if your bike ever gets stolen, falls out of truck and tears it to pieces, etc. but its nice to get a check to go buy another car/bike rather then be out of it. two of my friends went to myrtle beach back in the summer. they left bikes outside for 10min, came back and they were gone. one boy owed 7k and full coverage and the other owed 6k and just the min. boy that owed 7k had his paid off and the other guy is stuck with a bike bill and no bike.

Best advice.........use insurance for really big incidents, not parking lot or minor fall overs. They will find a way to get you.

I agree! I laid my bike down and I called them and my deductable was a thousand so I told them that I would just pay for it myself. I'm with progressive. To high!

generally, this is considered a Comprehensive claim - they will apply a deductible, but they do not usually surcharge the policy unless you've had a lot of these types of claims.

V-squared

yeah i didn't want to call and ask questions to my agent. i dont mind doing it as long as the rates will not go up. i just dont want it to go up or get dropped. the last company let me go because i reported too many things. they said i was "high risk". dont want it to happen again because i get great rates. last time i have reported something was the end of June.

are you serious man? last time i reported something was 2006.

Back