another insurance question

Sanfrdnsun

Registered
I've read alot of the insurance topics, but I had a question i didnt find the answer for. I'm looking at getting a busa sometime this year. Hopefully I'll be able to pay cash in full. Now i was looking at trying to find some online quotes. One of the questions asked about theft. My first bike, a '01 cbr f4i was stolen about 2 years ago. Does anyone know if or how much that will effect me finding a decent insurance rate? I'll be 21 in june, and just got a speeding ticket (63/45, but only 75$ and 2 points) last week, so i know they will burn me for that and my age already. But anyone know about the theft side of it? thanks

P

I didn't affect mine, I had my cycle stolen from an enclosed trailer in my front yard, I claimed it with my insurance company, Royal sun and life, some back county place, after I got my check, started looking for the new 04 Busa I wanted, but heard of the high insurance rates and checked and my present company was stupid about it, like $3,200 a year and I asked if it had any thing to do with my previous bike being stolen and she said no it's just the Busa's so big:)

Then from reading this board I went to State farm and got a quote of $900 a year, so I would say no.

Back