Wheel Removal

It's not a bad tire if it balances on a balancing machine. Might be something as simple as the front/rear isn't tracking each other correctly (meaning the rear is out of alignment with the front) ! Or, bearings (I doubt this since you only have 4000 miles on the bike), or the front forks are not aligned (for some unknown reason). But all these are simple fixes if you track them down. Does the shaking happen at all speeds, low speeds or high speeds (by low I mean 30mph or below and high is above 30 mph) ! Stay tune, we will help you track it down if the dealer can't  
beerchug.gif

And "OH" yea, if a dealer left my NEW BIKE or Old Bike out in the rain, he would never have to see
SHOCKED.gif
 it again  
mad.gif
 that's for sure
biggrin.gif

(DaCol. @ Mar. 31 2007,12:48) It's not a bad tire if it balances on a balancing machine. Might be something as simple as the front/rear isn't tracking each other correctly (meaning the rear is out of alignment with the front) ! Or, bearings (I doubt this since you only have 4000 miles on the bike), or the front forks are not aligned (for some unknown reason). But all these are simple fixes if you track them down. Does the shaking happen at all speeds, low speeds or high speeds (by low I mean 30mph or below and high is above 30 mph) ! Stay tune, we will help you track it down if the dealer can't  
beerchug.gif

And "OH" yea, if a dealer left my NEW BIKE or Old Bike out in the rain, he would never have to see
SHOCKED.gif
 it again  
mad.gif
 that's for sure
biggrin.gif
Thanks DaCol. I just got back from picking up my wheel! They said all check out! However, I don't miss anything.... there is a different wheel weight and it's slight moved due to the very small scratch where the other was mounted. I know the rebalanced it. I let them know just now why my bikes was not there and that it would not be back if I could help it. They did not charge and it's a good thing. So, I'll finish replacing the HEL SS Lines and new EBC HH Pads and remount the wheel and check it from there.

As mentioned earlier check alignment, steering head bearings and wheel bearings. All are virtually free to do yourself and no more worries about the dealership clowns! Also is the bead on the front tire uniform on both sides?

BTW I read on here (though I have not tried it) that some spark plug sockets will actually fit the front axle. Insert the hex (external) end of the sparkplug socket into the AXLE and stick an extension in through the throat of the socket. Voila!

Bring me up to speed, who just put the new tire on to start with ? If the answer is the dealer. Make em make it right. Your bike was fine when you took it in, they replace tire, all the sudden you have an issue. No they have an issue.

Don't have jack stands yet. Hoisted mine up by frame. Used engine jack. Afraid to use jack on header because of the weight of the bike. Pain in the azz dropping both fairings just for front tire.

(dadofthree @ Mar. 31 2007,13:58) Don't have jack stands yet. Hoisted mine up by frame. Used engine jack. Afraid to use jack on header because of the weight of the bike. Pain in the azz dropping both fairings just for front tire.
Suzuki actually recommends that you do just that! If you look in the Chassis section of the manual under Front wheel/removal they even show a Busa on a scissor jack just like my previous pic.

(bigoltool @ Mar. 31 2007,14:07)
(dadofthree @ Mar. 31 2007,13:58) Don't have jack stands yet. Hoisted mine up by frame. Used engine jack. Afraid to use jack on header because of the weight of the bike. Pain in the azz dropping both fairings just for front tire.
Suzuki actually recommends that you do just that! If you look in the Chassis section of the manual under Front wheel/removal they even show a Busa on a scissor jack just like my previous pic.
I almost forgot... if you look at my previous pic I have the bike strapped down to my work stand with tie downs also! Safety first!
laugh.gif

I have the exact same issue. The dealership said my stabilizer was shot.
rock.gif
How is that? Pull my bike the h.LL out of your shop was my response. I also lost air and asked them to explain how the damper held air in the tire. I'll pay someone else to rebalance it. The trouble was a rear bearing gone bad. My brother and I discovered this in the garage.

also, bought a motorcycle jack at Sam's. Did a bit of modifing and can have the Busa jacked up in about 3 minutes.

(DaCol. @ Mar. 31 2007,12:48) It's not a bad tire if it balances on a balancing machine. Might be something as simple as the front/rear isn't tracking each other correctly (meaning the rear is out of alignment with the front) ! Or, bearings (I doubt this since you only have 4000 miles on the bike), or the front forks are not aligned (for some unknown reason). But all these are simple fixes if you track them down. Does the shaking happen at all speeds, low speeds or high speeds (by low I mean 30mph or below and high is above 30 mph) ! Stay tune, we will help you track it down if the dealer can't  
beerchug.gif

SHOCKED.gif
 it again  
mad.gif
 that's for sure
biggrin.gif
Forgot to answer your question DaCol, the shaking of the handle bars was around 50 - 70 MPH.

Doesn't sound like a tire, because if it was a tire out of balance you would feel it before then. Check you steering head bearings and tire alignments. Both are easy and then tell us what you find  
beerchug.gif

ALSO BUSA GUYS, who else is out there around Colorado Springs that can help this guy if he needs it
rock.gif
. Come On, shout out  WHO YOU ARE, and don't be bashful  
blush.gif

Well, I have the front HEL SS Lines on and I'm waiting on wavy rotors before I remount the wheel. I'll be happy is all is well after I put her back together! A few pics from today little project... cheers all

SS_Lines___EBC_HH_Pads_007.jpg

Last one! and thanks for the help. Still have two HEL Lines left for back brake and I guess the set came with one for the clutch? I'll do those in a day or two and hope the mityvac works like a champ!

SS_Lines___EBC_HH_Pads_015.jpg

(porterfm @ Mar. 31 2007,16:10) Last one! and thanks for the help. Still have two HEL Lines left for back brake and I guess the set came with one for the clutch? I'll do those in a day or two and hope the mityvac works like a champ!
I borrowed a buddy's Mityvac to bleed mine last week. He might never get it back!
laugh.gif

The brake lines are on wrong. The two lines meet at the M/C then go directly to each caliper. Fix this before you ride it.

Back