Whats Up with PAFREAK?

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
I first contacted Tobin over a week ago. I finally decided I wanted a Tobin seat. But of course I have been trying to come up with something a little different from what I have been seeing. Thus, I told Tobin that I wanted to order seats no matter what, but I had a few questions about possible options. He did get back to me and I agreed to send him pictures of my bike, and he agreed to send me sample pictures of seats he previously made for Blue/Silver bikes. I sent pictures, and that was the last I heard from him.

I followed up a few times with messages such as this:
On Tuesday, we agreed that I would send you a picture of my bike. I have done that along with some questions. You agreed you would send me pictures of blue/silver seat and bike combinations. I tried to express my immediate interest, but it is Thursday, and I have no response...not even the pictures of blue/silver bike seats. You come highly reccomended, so you must be very busy. Would you please take a few moments to send those pictures and answer my questions. I would like to get seats on order ASAP.
[/QUOTE] I also gave him my cell number, and still haven't heard back from him. I followed up again with this message: Are my questions too much on the custom side? If so, lets talk about what you are comfortable doing? Your seats look great, I would like to get some ordered[/QUOTE]

I got "message delivered" and "message read" confirmations, but no response. I am so frustrated.

Feedback from you guys gives him a 5-Star rating on quality and customer service. Does anyone know if something has happened to him? Has anyone else had recent difficulties?

I had his phone number but lost it. Can someone provide it for me. I will call to see what is going on, but right now I am very frustrated.

G

Greg his # aand mailing info are posted in the classified section. I got mine done and he had the seat back to me within a week from the day I shipped it.

Greg ... he completed my seats just last week with a 3 day turnaround. I mailed him my seats and paid him with paypal and got my usual excellent service from him. I'm sure he is just very busy. Remember to put something like "Seat Order" in the email subject line so he doesn't think it is spam. His number is: 717-792-3708.

DJ

Thanks Sage,

I tried calling earlier today...left a message with a woman. I was careful to tell her the subject was a seat order for a Hayabusa. I gave my cell phone number...been waiting all day.

Not sure what to do...don't want to be a pest if she is having a problem & don't like pleading for someone to take my money.

Perhaps I should have just ordered exactly what everyone else got. I might have it by now!

Not to make you feel bad, Thinker, but that was the same time I was talking to him about ordering some seats. He did talk about how busy he was, but mine got shipped on Friday. I wasn't going with anything out of the ordinary though. I don't think he is intentionally avoiding you, he is probably just extremely busy!

Not to make you feel bad, Thinker, but that was the same time I was talking to him about ordering some seats.  He did talk about how busy he was, but mine got shipped on Friday.  I wasn't going with anything out of the ordinary though.  I don't think he is intentionally avoiding you, he is probably just extremely busy!
When quality and service is good, I make a big deal about it. When they are bad, I have a hard time keeping quiet.

There has been so much good said about Tobin that I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. People I trust have high regard for him. What is frustrating is that I have already sent a number of customers his way. I even hooked up my friend from Chicago well over a year ago. With my reccomendation, he bought a seat before they were popular, even before he was embroidering them.

I didn't ask for any special treatment...just had a couple of questions and wanted to see pics of samples he said he had.

Stay tuned for developments.

I have personally dealt with TObin. And he is a standup guy. BUT i have also dealt with a similar situation recently BUt it was rectified. I totally understand your pain. But If its any solace. Call tobin on his cell. HE will come thru!!

He did my seat and did it quick. Plus he had to find the orange to match my bike. I think that it took 9 days from the time that I shipped it out to the time that I got it back! That is pretty good from Pa to Ca.

I went through the same anxiety as you, Thinker, when I first wanted a Tobin seat. I all but decided to say fug it. Found out that Tobin actually works a full time job in addition to the seat thing and sometimes he just isn't able to give timely responses to e-mails. I tell ya though, when he gets around to ya, yer gonna be one happy muthafugger. I still love my Tobin seat and wouldn't take it off to even try another seat. Fits my ass perfectly! Can't imagine anything better.
super.gif

You know they look fine as hell, too!
wink.gif

tobin_front.jpg

Back