tobin seats

Does anyone know the benefits of having the hump pad? [/Quote]

I would think it would keep you from hitting the hump, and/or something to lean against. I would think it would put you very close to the tank though.

(Super Trucker @ Jan. 22 2007,18:49) Does anyone know the benefits of having the hump pad?

I would think it would keep you from hitting the hump, and/or something to lean against. I would think it would put you very close to the tank though.[/Quote]
It actually locks you in between the tank and pad, allowing NO movement forward or backward. Well, atleast mine does to me. Anyway, the only use I can see it two. ONE it looks  
SHOCKED.gif
Great, and Two, you don't want to move around in the seat if your drag  
race.gif
racing. Other than that, it would be very uncomfortable riding any distance with no way to streach  
wink.gif

Are the hump pads removable? I thought they were, but if not then I wont be getting one either. Weird, this was my original "first" planned mod...and now, after 6 months of ownership, a "few" mods I still haven't done the seats
sad.gif
Soon, very soon.

(CAT3 @ Jan. 22 2007,19:04) Are the hump pads removable?  I thought they were, but if not then I wont be getting one either.  Weird, this was my original "first" planned mod...and now, after 6 months of ownership, a "few" mods I still haven't done the seats
sad.gif
 Soon, very soon.
Yea, they are removeable. They have a flap that goes under the seat and zippers on. I even sent my original pad back to tobin to cut it down to 1 1/2" wide, but still it didn't work for me. And for those of you thinking BIG BUTT, well no I don't. I'am 6' with a 36 " waist !

Anyone that has the Tobin seat, I was wondering if it causes you to feel like your legs cramp sooner because it lowers your position about one inch. During lon rides, I sometimes feel like my legs need to stretch. I want the Tobin seat, I really like the looks of their product. I was just wondering if anyone could help me with some feedback on this. Thanks in advance for the help.

Joe

It lowers the rear of the saddle a bit but....its also wider. IMHO good for distance riding but not for city traffic.

(newmill @ Jan. 22 2007,22:31) It lowers the rear of the saddle a bit but....its also wider. IMHO good for distance riding but not for city traffic.
Huh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not for city riding and its wider ? Thats a first, you must of gotten a bad seat.
tounge.gif

You might want to send that seat back to Tobin and have him correct the width.
super.gif

(Rhythm @ Jan. 23 2007,01:04)
(newmill @ Jan. 22 2007,22:31) It lowers the rear of the saddle a bit but....its also wider. IMHO good for distance riding but not for city traffic.
Huh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not for city riding and its wider ?  Thats a first, you must of gotten a bad seat.  
tounge.gif

super.gif
lol...I hope it is fine. It is my seat now.

(300Busa @ Jan. 22 2007,23:11)
Huh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not for city riding and its wider ?  Thats a first, you must of gotten a bad seat.  
tounge.gif

super.gif
lol...I hope it is fine.  It is my seat now.
Don't forget about the lemon law, you have thirty days to return it.
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

(Rhythm @ Jan. 23 2007,01:17)
tounge.gif

super.gif
tounge.gif
He is just saying it is wider because it has been cut down. Picture sitting on the tip of a triangle.....cut the tip off and you would be sitting a wider spot.

tounge.gif

(thirdjoe @ Jan. 22 2007,21:50) Anyone that has the Tobin seat, I was wondering if it causes you to feel like your legs cramp sooner because it lowers your position about one inch. During lon rides, I sometimes feel like my legs need to stretch. I want the Tobin seat, I really like the looks of their product. I was just wondering if anyone could help me with some feedback on this. Thanks in advance for the help.

Joe
No it actually makes your leg position more comfortable by virtue of taking you farther back in the frame away from the tank more. Your knee is rotated less, allowing your ankles and calves to be less pulled toward your body. I found the down and away from the tank to be GREAT improvement. I'm 6'6". Tobin told me I was so far the tallest longest legged rifer he has done on a Busa. It took him two times to get it right but the difference is certainly noticeable.

I have since done the Buell footpeg install and that helped even more for the leg positioning.

The seat rocks. I have other Busa riders that sit on my bike and go "This is GREAT". You will forget how your stock seat felt in abot 50 miles.

(300Busa @ Jan. 22 2007,23:55)
tounge.gif

super.gif
tounge.gif
He is just saying it is wider because it has been cut down.   Picture sitting on the tip of a triangle.....cut the tip off and you would be sitting a wider spot.
Its actually slimer in width compared to the stock seat. I was one of Tobins first buyers back in 02.
wink.gif

tounge.gif

Actually I find mine MORE comfortable on long rides (I do have TLR pegs though) than the stock ever was. And the reach to the pavement is much more comfortable, expecially in Western Okla when the wind and SAND blows into ALL the intersections. I have NO negatives on the seat and it's much more comfortable than my Corbin was on my TLR (which is basicly the same seat)  
beerchug.gif

Hope to have mine back real soon. My wife sent it out last Tuesday and I should have it once they get the material in. I ordered mine in a special material that they had to order, so it may take a little longer. Hope it turns out nice, I will have to wait until April to actually try it out when I am home from Iraq. I am looking forward to it.

(Rhythm @ Jan. 23 2007,09:40)
(300Busa @ Jan. 22 2007,23:55)
tounge.gif

super.gif
tounge.gif
He is just saying it is wider because it has been cut down.   Picture sitting on the tip of a triangle.....cut the tip off and you would be sitting a wider spot.
Its actually slimer in width  compared to the stock seat.  I was one of Tobins first buyers back in 02.  
wink.gif
quit pointing that gun at me!
pissed.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif

Back