What's up with Tobin?

03inNM

Registered
So I am considering a Tobin seat. Since the 08 is new and I have had bad experiences with two other seat manufactures, I had a couple of simple questions of Tobin. I assume the cost is the same as for the previous gen, mostly I wanted some reassurance before I mailed my seat and I do want a turn-around time. I am stuck if I don't like it (I have a brand new Corbin seat for a ZX9 if anyone is interested). Here is what I sent:

Hi,
What is the cost and turn around for a black seat for the 08 Busa?
What if I do not like it?

Pat

This is what I got back:

Whats not to like?
WWW.TOBINSEATS.COM

Thanks, Tobin

I do not like flippant answers. I obviously have been to his less than helpful site. Does anyone know what he really does to the seat? He cuts it down several inches and some think it's more comfortable, but what is in there? What is the current turn-around time? I was ready to order, but now I am very reluctant.

Is there anyone in the Albuquerque area with Tobin?

And I have done a Tobin search and know many people praise him and Lisa, but I still need an answer before they get my money.

well if you have had problems with 2 other seat makers, you might just leave your current seat alone... sounds like you have bad luck are are expecting too much? Seats are a lot like paint jobs IMO

08 IS SIMILAR TO OLDER MODELS. GONNA SEND MINE TO HIM MONDAY. I HAVE HAD SEAT DONE BY HIM BEFORE. HAPPY WITH IT. HE RECOMMENDS THE VISION COLOR. CLOSE TO STOCK COLOR.

08 IS SIMILAR TO OLDER MODELS. GONNA SEND MINE TO HIM MONDAY. I HAVE HAD SEAT DONE BY HIM BEFORE. HAPPY WITH IT. HE RECOMMENDS THE VISION COLOR. CLOSE TO STOCK COLOR.
Thanks, but what is his turn-around right now? I think I will order a new seat and then send that in. Someone else suggested that before.

Might find your answer here....
Who can help with this?
Yes, but it is specifically for an 08 which is what my original questions were regarding to Tobin.
Yes,.... But I put it in both threads!
clap.gif

Flippant answers make me walk away instantly. Just think what'll happen when you have a REAL problem...

Turn around time is roughly 2-3 weeks depending on what type of shipping you use and how busy they are, from my experience. IF you don't like it I bet it wouldn't take a week to find someone who would trade theirs and some $$...

I got my seat done by him and loved the look but the thing was killing me after 100 miles or so (He trims and removes some foam, sculpts it and recovers it). I had one done by a local shop with a gel insert and Stingray hyde cover. That worked out much better. I was able to sell my Tobin on here few a few bucks less than I paid and I'm fine with it.

But pretty much if you have something modified then you own it, doesn't really matter whether you like it or not.

Dave

I done mine during a group buy. The turn around was about 2 weeks. There should be no reason not to like it unless you ask for some crazy design that you decide later you do not like.

My experience with Tobin and their service was superb.

Tobin_004__Medium_.jpg

Absolutely worth every cent! Great guy, great product and great service.Tobin seats ROCK!
bowdown.gif

We actually live @ 30 miles from him ....we deliverd my wifes seat to his house and met his daughter. Then when we got her seat back , we loved it,
thumb_up.gif
and then my wife drove back up and actually met him, when we delivered mine ...
It only took 3 days , but thats us del/pick up....

They actually take the stock foam off the seat and put on a better padding and cover it with a nice "leather"....You give him you waist measurements so they can cut to fit !! My seat vs. my wifes seats feel totaly like a diff bike...
hands down the best seat I've seen/sat on...and we ride 400 miles round trip just for breakfast !!!
my wife looked at the site while I am typing and
the reason you may have gotten short response is that the web site tells enough, 2 clicks and you get pricing etc....

Outstanding product, love mine and it is VERY comfortable.

As for service, when I received mine I had a question about it, called and left a message, and within 10 minutes got a call back from Lisa to answer my question.

I have let others sit on mine, and without fail every one has been VERY surprised how comfortable a seat with less padding is! It's all about the SHAPE of the seat and the support of the "shelf" area on the back. You sit "on" the stock seat, and don't use the full depth of the padding. You sit more "in" the Tobin, it is better contoured, and with weight/height/waist size all built in it is much closer to the shape of your butt!

It also lowers your CG about an inch, and effectively lowers you in relation to the bike, handlebars, and footpegs. If you're tall you might consider different footpegs to lower your feet if it is an issue (ie age, cramped riding position etc). Different stock footpegs from other bikes are inexpensive (Buell, TL) or you can go full-boat with new rearsets since Christmas is coming up...
winkold.gif

He's nicer on the phone. In fact he called me to clarify an order. He's not on line much and doesnt respond to email. Its a different game when you call. Call after dinner. He works during the day. good luck. if you go this route. Do a search for my name. I just posted pix of my new tobin about a week ago. lots of great transactions on this site.

I done mine during a group buy. The turn around was about 2 weeks. There should be no reason not to like it unless you ask for some crazy design that you decide later you do not like.

My experience with Tobin and their service was superb.
X's two! Just had my seats remodeled buy him to add the HUMP PAD! Great work! Go ahead and do the DAMN Thing! Your're riding a BUSA, what are you scurrred of?

I did mine during the group buy as well... I sent mine in 2 day ground UPS on a tuesday and got it back the following wednesday. Fast, quality work!

Back