What's stuck in your brain...bikes from the past~?~

Man I had a Huge poster of this bike on my bedroom wall! I was 15 years old.

1986_GSXR1100_450.jpg

I've always LOVED that look alot of the late 80s & 90s street bikes had with the dual round headlights, side-by-side. I didn't know anything about bikes 20 years ago, but I could spot a nice design from a block away...

1988_GSXR750_450.jpg

I can remember working in a motorcycle shop back in 2000 when I was a freshman in High School and seeing my first busa.....I thought GOOD GOD that is the MOST AWFUL LOOKING THINK I HAVE EVER SEEN. I just remember how big and bulky it was compared to anything else and how it had that single headlight lens that looked like a bug to me. :rofl: to think I would own a turbo charged one now.....the future is so funny

WOW some real old stunners there.

I still remember how I used to drool on big naked Hondas and their exhausts, and big sportsbikes with twin round head ligths back in late 80s and early 90s, but the bike that got me wanting to ride again was in 96, I'm still looking to buy one oneday (if in mint condition)

I have a friend that had one for sale. It was either the 96 or 97 i cant remember but it was the race edition one that actually was able to be plated. Its such a beautiful bike. And the exhaust note is exhilarating.

This is my favorite bike of all time.

Saw it at the Art of the Motorcycle Show in Memphis in '05.
I thought I missed the show forever in L.A. and N.Y. when riding through on my way
from The Gap I saw a billboard for it. It was mandatory that I make a 4 hour detour.

I think one of museum guides thought I was loopy when I asked him which direction to
the last bike in the show. Actually, it was the "third to the last" bike... the '05 Busa was
the second. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Some body thought putting a VRod last as a homage to
H-D was fitting to close out the exhibit. :whistle:

It still had balls of rubber on the slicks. When I win the Lottery, it WILL be on display in
my hermetically-sealed garage... after one celebratory lap around Willow Springs.

britten2.JPG

britten3.JPG

britten4.JPG

brittenplaque.JPG

redblackbusa.JPG

hayabusaplaque.JPG

Back