What's stuck in your brain...bikes from the past~?~

Damn I got a case of the stupids today......

:woot:! I raced the 1998 Yamaha FZR 400 successfully for 4yrs in AMA Lightweight Supersport & Superbike, as well as in WERA :thumbsup::thumbsup: Fun, nimble, very lightweight bike. It was the 1st sportbike to utilize a full Deltabox aluminum frame:bowdown:
Those Damn 'ole Honda Hawks twins back then used to give me fits for the podium.

1989FZR_400.jpg

1989FZR_400a.jpg

2007_09_22_bikepics-1032030-full.jpg

I really miss my 1987 Ninja 1000. That was the one bike I wish we never would have sold. That thing was MINT. *sob*

100_1092.jpg

100_1113.jpg

My first real ride; 74 Kawasaki Z1A w/ Paul Dunstall fairing, Yoshimura 1170cc bore kit, Yosh cams, etc. It made about 120 BHP and was frighteningly fast for it's time....

Z1a-1974-01.jpg

WOW some real old stunners there.

I still remember how I used to drool on big naked Hondas and their exhausts, and big sportsbikes with twin round head ligths back in late 80s and early 90s, but the bike that got me wanting to ride again was in 96, I'm still looking to buy one oneday (if in mint condition)

duc-916SPS.jpg

duc-916SPS1.jpg

I had an old CZ Jawa 175. I was way too young to have a license or ride on the road legally at the time...but I rode a lot of dirt bikes and liked working on engines.

The only reason I was able to obtain this motorcycle at that age was my parents never thought I'd get it running~!~ :laugh:

My neighbor sold it to me fairly cheap, and a couple weeks later I was riding. Stuck knobbie tires on it and hit the trails~!~

The gears were 1 up, 3 down, and then if you push in the gear shift lever and flip it back it also doubled as the kick starter.

This is the closest pic I could find on the internet.

cz jawa.jpg

This was my favourite old toy, almost threw me off more than once with its nasty little YPVS
Picked one up at auction for $1500 around 1992, was repo job with a busted ignition.
Managed to bend the central crank and blow the motor after 12 months, very messy.
If you ever get the chance to ride one then take it. 80 odd hp at just over 400 punds, wow factor for its time.

RZ500AUS.jpg

Back