Whats more dangerous for a new rider

Guys your basing your answers on  YOUR experience of high horsepower bikes. This guy has neither experence or high horsepower bikes. What your telling him really want mean much because he hasn't experienced the MASSIVE punch a high HP bike has. Both in this case are as dangerous ! Care and Respect is the word, along with ALOT of Common Sence and respect for Self Preservation
wink.gif

Smooth FRIST, Speed LATER
race.gif

both bikes are equally dangerous in the wrong hands but the gixxer is way more challenging a ride then the busa IMO
Again, +1

I would never recommend a Gixx or Busa as a "learner" bike. But if he "absolutely" only had 2 choices (which he doesn't) the Busa is little easier to handle. The K5 I rode at Willow was on the verge of "uncontrollable" at mid to peak powerband, even for a track like Willow at my skill level (street, which is a notch above canyon enthusiast). K5 wanted to wheelie on hard corner exits. But the entries were unbelievable!! Razor sharp handling (can hit turn 1 at 120 mph vs 80 mph on busa). Anyhoo, you get the picture.

Kinda like asking which is more dangerous .....a 45 or a 50 caliber .....
biggrin.gif

Both can kill but both are perfectly safe in responsible hands .
wink.gif

Gixxer ~Busa ~New rider don't mix PEROID. Like my daddy use to say.."Don't let your stones write a check that your azzzz can't cash"

Im with what all of the above say. Let me tell ya though.. I rode that new 1K and honestly that bike is dangerous for me a 10 year rider with about 90k+ miles ridden. I can honestly admit it.

I can't believe that bike is legal. Keep in mind I was trying to ring out a bone stock un-broken in 06' Gixxer. Damn it was scary.

I bought my new 06 busa about 2 months ago. 1200 miles and no mishaps (knock on wood).A week or so ago i went out riding with this guy and he wanted to swap bikes for a few minutes.I agreed.He has a 2005 gsxr1000.I accidentally let the clutch out too fast while being on the throttle when i was going from 1st to 2nd gear.The front wheel of the bike must have come up about a foot off of the ground.Scared the crap outta me.I have done the same on my busa but it just launches off hard.I must easier to accidentally pop a wheelie and flip over on the literbikes imo_Of course any bike can be dangerous if you dont control yourself and dont respect it.

Back