Are riders getting even MORE unfriendly??

Here in South Flordia there's a LOT of bikes. Many wave, many don't. I always wave... It doesn't cost me anything to show a little friendliness to a fellow rider. As for the one's that don't wave back, I always end up thinking "Dude, you're on a bike... you should be happy..." followed by "wonder what crawled up HIS a$$!"
Oh well, I'm young, and for now, I'll wave to anything on 2 wheels.
(except scooters that top out at 35 mph!!!! and bicycles that use the ROAD!... Seriously, why would you EVER use up a whole lane on a road on a bicycle???)
The other day when I was going to school, I saw two bicycles side by side taking up a whole lane of US-1 Hwy... and they were going about 30-35 mph.... where the speed limit was 45 and the "flow of traffic" was doing about 60... and there was a perfectly good sidewalk next to the road!!!....
Anyways..... we should encourage waving... I think the whole "brotherhood" of riding bikes is really cool. I remember when I first started riding on the street and people would wave at me... awesome feeling...
Btw, lately, the amount of waving HAS diminished, so sometimes when I wave and get a wave back, I give them a thumbs up. And when they don't wave, I give them a thumbs down. It's worked pretty well so far, I've been thumbed up about 3 times already
biggrin.gif

It was nice yesterday in Cleveland, Ohio. So there were a ton of bikes out. I'm really surprized at the attitude of most mc riders. Of course most "new generation" Harley riders won't even look at you, let alone wave, if you ain't on a HD. There are REALLY brainwashed.
But other sportbike riders were acting like the HD owners. 9 out of 10 wouldn't even give a nod as they passed by.
I started riding in the 70s, and there weren't a lot of bikes on the road. We waved to each other, it was the thing to do. But every year the "mc brotherhood" gets more and more snobbish. I'm to the point where I'm giving up on it, and ignoring everyone too. I'll wave, if waved to, but thats it now.
I know whats wrong with the new HD riders, but whats up with the sportbike owners? Do they look at the Hayabusa as an outcast or something?
Funny, the hardcore, "biker" Harley riders waved more than anyone. And me on a Busa, go figure...
<span style='color:blue'></span>

Don't give up hope in human nature. Most riders, even a "Hog Twister, will wave back if you wave first. I used to be embarassed when a rider failed to wave back. But now, I don't give a rat's ass - I still wave like a madman and make THEM look like and idiot when they don't wave back! I too grew up in the early years when seeing another rider on the road was scarce. Back then we relied heavily on each other if our bike broke down. Yes, I even stopped for HDs. Some of the riders today are not of that breed. They need to be schooled in riding manners. Old habits are hard to break. That would include the snobbish rider too. If they are so narrow-minded as to not acknowledge a fellow rider on the road, F-them! It's their loss. Ride on Bro!

It was nice yesterday in Cleveland, Ohio. So there were a ton of bikes out. I'm really surprized at the attitude of most mc riders. Of course most "new generation" Harley riders won't even look at you, let alone wave, if you ain't on a HD. There are REALLY brainwashed.
But other sportbike riders were acting like the HD owners. 9 out of 10 wouldn't even give a nod as they passed by.
I started riding in the 70s, and there weren't a lot of bikes on the road. We waved to each other, it was the thing to do. But every year the "mc brotherhood" gets more and more snobbish. I'm to the point where I'm giving up on it, and ignoring everyone too. I'll wave, if waved to, but thats it now.
I know whats wrong with the new HD riders, but whats up with the sportbike owners? Do they look at the Hayabusa as an outcast or something?
Funny, the hardcore, "biker" Harley riders waved more than anyone. And me on a Busa, go figure...
<span style='color:blue'></span>

Don't give up hope in human nature.  Most riders, even a "Hog Twister, will wave back if you wave first.  I used to be embarassed when a rider failed to wave back.  But now, I don't give a rat's ass - I still wave like a madman and make THEM look like and idiot when they don't wave back!  I too grew up in the early years when seeing another rider on the road was scarce.  Back then we relied heavily on each other if our bike broke down.  Yes, I even stopped for HDs.  Some of the riders today are not of that breed.  They need to be schooled in riding manners.  Old habits are hard to break.  That would include the snobbish rider too.  If they are so narrow-minded as to not acknowledge a fellow rider on the road, F-them!  It's their loss.  Ride on Bro!
Well Said... I still wave at everybody. Accept scooters... I mean come on... Dem two lil wheels don't really qualify do they?

Lots of the "Fashion Harley" guys won't wave or you just get a sneer... (Best hope your going the opposite way as me) but by and large if you give a wave you get a wave. I think a lot of the Harley/Cruiser crowd is just sorta surprised that a sportbike guy is waving...

Back