Whats more dangerous for a new rider

clearwaterms

Registered
okay, I was reading another thread, and I have to ask...

for somebody comming from a smaller bike, what is more likely to bite? the busa? or the GSXR? The busa to me seems like a very stable and the power curve is friendly. vs. the GSXR with it's lighter weight and the ability to put the tire in the air in any of the first three gears...

finally, would you agree that the busa is more of a threat (probably a bad word) then the last generation of litre bikes (9r, 954rr, previous r1, *-04 gsxr1000) but that the newest crop of litre bikes are simply more dangerous then the busa, in the wrong riders hands of course.

Your last line says it all. The most dangerous thing to a new ride is them selves.

It would be a coin toss  
xblueman.gif
, they both can get out of control of an inexperienced rider doing the wrong thing that it really doesn't matter which one your on. The 1000 Liter Sportsbikes in a turn will toss you off before you can blink an eye if your throttle hand goes to fast while leaning over. And the Busa with just slide out from under you in the same situation. So --- STUPID is STUPID !

That's why I tell people who want to attempt 80% of what these bike have, to GO TO THE TRACK ! Not your friendly side roads ! And 80% because if your trying to do 100% (which most of us are incapable of doing) you better be on a track-Period  
ss011.gif

The good ole busa is probably the most rider friendly high performance bike on the market. As long as you don't get wild with the throttle she is a gentle as a lamb. However she can and will bite you if you don't respect her hidden capabilities.

The GSXR1000 on the other hand, I would discribe with one word "Evil"! I own both and I have had both bite me at one time or another. They are both quite capable of launching you into orbit. It's just the gixxer's margin of error is very narrow while the busa is quite forgiving.

To answer your question, for the unseasoned rider, I'd recommend the busa or a GSXR600 but I'd stay clear of the 1K until you have a few track days under your belt with a less intimidating ride.

ok i have to ask what smaller bike like a ex 500 ninja or a 954 i mean it depends on what smaller is to you. but it doesnt matter the bike it is still as scary as any other one i mean we can all get hurt on any bke no matter what we do. so i guess you need to ask your self what do you want to do with the bike. comfort or long wheelies or both i mean it is all up to you we just have opinions just like everyone else of course ours are judged around a BUSA

That's why I tell people who want to attempt 80% of what these bike have, to GO TO THE TRACK ! Not your friendly side roads ! And 80% because if your trying to do 100% (which most of us are incapable of doing) you better be on a track-Period
Zactly. ROADS are not even designed to safely allow 80% of the bikes potential. GOOD LUCK WITH THEM!
smile.gif

I still like that one guy from here who posted:

"You don't learn to drive a car in an F1 race car"

Same with liters and busas

Rush hour:
story.schu.ap.jpg

If you have been on a smaller bike go up to the 1000 and move up later. Not the power or the speed of either just the ability to move it around.

Liter bikes are more dangerous than the Busas.

But it's all in the wrist.  The rider is THE most dangerous part.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142443383 -->

Like someone else said, it depends on the rider first and foremost. But if you were asking which bike is more agressive, then I would have to say the 1000 is the greater of two evils. In the last year I have owned 2 750's, two busa's a R1 and a CBR900RR. Of those bikes, the Busa is my favorite for all around riding, the R1 was nice for woolies, and the the 750's are just great all around, but not comfortable. If you have some good time on a smaller street bike (600), then I will tell you this: the 1K is much easier to handle and toss around, but the throttle is sensitive and will put you on your ass before you even realized you twisted too far. The Busa on the other hand takes just a bit more skill to toss it around, but is still very agile (just ask my riding buddies). The Busa throttle is also very sensitive and will accelerate right from under you if you don't have a good grip..... or if you don't have the hump on
tounge.gif

i would say both 1000 is a handful high horse power and low weight on the other hand the busa is a heavy bike not too forgiving at low speed of camber angles both demand respect but if i was given the choice pretty sure i would be ridding the busa
cool.gif

Either one can do ya in, like everyone said "just a twist of the wrist"

Busa would be more forgiving of the two
wink.gif

Liter bikes are more dangerous than the Busas.

But it's all in the wrist.  The rider is THE most dangerous part.
+1

The Busa is more forgiving than the 1000. But BOTH are extremly dangerous if not seasoned enough and with good throttle control. I would recommed the Gixx1000 for something more like this:

DSC_1497.jpg

Back