busa or R1??

Exactly BLU88. It just seems that you really don't need a TRE except for BS'ing your friends about how fast your bike is capable of going. I admit I have never gone faster than 155 and it was way fast enough. Those that can and do go faster, god help you and more power to ya.

This thread has totally been hijacked hasn't it. Sorry.

I think a TRE is a waste of time and money and has no noticeable effect whatsoever (other than allowing +186 mph). Others swear it makes a difference in rideability in lower gears. Go figure.
This depends. You have a 2003 with the 32-bit ECU which is much smoother than the 16-bit used before 2002 (right now I forget if it was introduced in 2002 or 2003
rock.gif
). So of course, adding one will likely not produce any noticeable effects.

On a 1999, say, you will notice a big difference..... but, again, this depends even bike-to-bike, even between two stock bikes. As Dennis (Motorhead) says, the TRE is just a band-aid solution to fixing the common flat spot on stock maps.

Ideally, you would want to get a fuel management system capable of adjusting timing (Yosh EMS for the 16-bit or PCIIIR for the 32-bit) and getting a map done. A diode can be used to change 6th to 5th if you want to get rid of the top end restriction, while leaving the other gear signals intact.

Just thought I'd clear that up a bit.
wink.gif

Back