What would you do??

Dozerdriver

Registered
My friend is buying a 09 Busa tomorrow from L&D Suzuki in Delaware. They have a add on craigslist that all Suzuki Hayabusa's in stock are on sale for 11,299 until the end of the month. I called them for him a couple days ago and they said they have 1 black and 1 white in stock. He decided he wanted the black one... went and got a loan approved first then called yesterday. The dealer said that just the white one is on sale and he couldn't get the black one for that price. I tried to get him to argue till he got his way but he is blinded by wanting the bike. We are going to pick it up tomorrow with the bank check... I am pissed he won't stand up to them. Should I just let him be happy with paying about 800 bucks more then what he should ?

This is the add...09/07/2010

WE ARE HAVING A YEAR END BLOW OUT SALE TILL THE END OF THIS MONTH ON EVERYTHING IN THE STORE.
ALL SUZUKI'S IN STOCK ON SALE
ALL POLARIS IN STOCK ON SALE
ALL TRIUMPH IN STOCK ON SALE
WE HAVE TOO MANY BIKES.
THE BOSS WANTS THEM GONE AND HE'S DOING WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE THEM LEAVE.

2009 GSXR-600'S $8499.00
2009 GSXR-750'S $9995.00
2009 HAYABUSA'S $11299.00
2009 M109'S $11799.00
2009 C109'S 12599.00
2009 M50'S $6999.00

DON'T MISS OUT ON THE DEALS. ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL 302-674-5410 OR TEXT AFTER HOURS 302-363-1485

even if i couldnt get the deal i would buy one at another dealer. report to BBB?

They just trying to jack up the price, the add doesn't specified color, it just says Hayabusas. Help him out to see what happen, tell dealer you going to another dealer and hopefully they will drop the price. Also tell them thats false advertisement and that you will report. Good luck!!!

If he hasn't done the deal just call the dealer tell them to forget it he is going to look around more since he knows he can get the loan and get the color he wants for the price he wants... Be very polite and thank them for their time... You will be receiving a call back in 24 or 48 hrs :laugh: If you can go into to the dealer and tease them and walk out be even better. Ask the sales man for their card and tell tell them "I'll get back to you"

My friend went through the same thing and it was his wife that got him the deal he wanted :laugh: She took him out of the store he was depressed that he didn't get his bike, but the next day they called him and he got his deal. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I say let him be happy. His money, his bike, his deal.

Droid does Hayabusa.org with tapatalk

I say let him be happy. His money, his bike, his deal.

Droid does Hayabusa.org with tapatalk

True, and looks like he wants it now withing 2 days, no time too play around. He probably wont mind pay extra as long as he gets it befor the weekend, but I understand both ways. I shop around and when someone I know is looking for a bike I try to help them out too.

Sales men can smell someone in a rush, 800 bucks or not you know he will be happy with the purchase :D. But at least remind the dealer you are going to take it to another dealer for service since they had a misleading ad. He doesn't want any future misunderstandings. see if that line helps any :)

Last edited:
Um Fine Print ? Any ?
We used to run ads all the time for a new Grand Marquis that was $14,999 but it was always only one stock number and black . Nobody wanted black in Florida so if they wanted white it was salesmanship job to show customer ad and point out sale price was only for one stock number . Any other color was $500 more. Also there is unspecified disclaimers in all print ads that basically say sellers can say anything they want without repercussion .
Since you are not the buyer if you raise a problem with them you will only look like a butthead (no offense) and make him look/feel bad for bringing you.
If he's happy and not willing to complain himself leave him alone . Don't run it for him . Let him pay more and enjoy his new bike .

Um Fine Print ? Any ?
We used to run ads all the time for a new Grand Marquis that was $14,999 but it was always only one stock number and black . Nobody wanted black in Florida so if they wanted white it was salesmanship job to show customer ad and point out sale price was only for one stock number . Any other color was $500 more. Also there is unspecified disclaimers in all print ads that basically say sellers can say anything they want without repercussion .
Since you are not the buyer if you raise a problem with them you will only look like a butthead (no offense) and make him look/feel bad for bringing you.
If he's happy and not willing to complain himself leave him alone . Don't run it for him . Let him pay more and enjoy his new bike .

Copy of the ad in post #2 :laugh:

Sales men can smell someone in a rush, 800 bucks or not you know he will be happy with the purchase :D. But at least remind the dealer you are going to take it to another dealer for service since they had a misleading ad. He doesn't want any future misunderstandings. see if that line helps any :)

+1 on that.
Man that mess up $800 can be use on some cool upgrades!!!

drive to NJ and buy it for 10995 out the door you pay your taxes at home :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's his deal and if he's happy then alls well that ends well.
On the other hand, 11,299 is a lot to pay for an 09. I've seen them for a lot less than that
on the East Coast.!!

Yeah, it's his deal and if he's happy then alls well that ends well.
On the other hand, 11,299 is a lot to pay for an 09. I've seen them for a lot less than that
on the East Coast.!!

MD is even higher... he is paying around 12k before taxes and tags. We are heading there in a few... I will get pics of his new bike.

Keep in mind that advertising is an "offer to sell" not a binding contract. False advertising is a very tough nut to crack and you have to demonstrate a real pattern of deception, not just a careless ad or poorly worded one.

If you have multiple dealers within your area, then that would be great. Just play around with their offers and you'll end up with a great deal. When I bought my '08, I was dealing with a dealer in Lakeland,FL (I was living there at that time) and one in Jax, FL (as I used to go there every weekend). I end up with a really nice deal with the dealer in Lakeland and he even gave me a jacket and a helmet free with the price. :D
But when I bought my '09 in Albany,NY, I didnt have any other dealer to do the same thing. I spent like 11.5k+ OTD for it.

i would drop the deal and tell the sales snake to screw. i am sure there are a few black 09's within reasonable driving distance for that price.

Ask him if he allows you to get the deal from the craigslist ad if you can keep half of the difference. If he's not interested then just let him be happy. :laugh:

Back