What would you do

Purplehaze

Registered
I'm siiting at my house Saturday morning and a co-worker calls me up out of the blue and ask if I would like to sell my bike :shock: I normally ride it to work on Friday's and most of my co workers just tend to drool over it.....
By the way it's a 01 Blue/Silver
13500 miles
All chromed with the exception of frame that's polished
13:1 1397 J:E Pistons
Yosh Cams
Small Box with BMC Filters and Riceya's sprayer plate
HMF Bigbird Pipe
PCII
A&J Dry Nos Controller
NOS Dry Kit
MPS Automatic Electric Airshifter
Raptor Performance Shiftlight
MPS Kill Switch
42t Rear
PAFreaks cut seats front and rear
And probably some other Misc stuff as well :kickass:

Well here it is Monday and he calls me and ask what do i want to do and he made me a very reasonable offer 8)

So tell me what would you do?
rock.gif
? I never had plans to sell my Baby, but when someone comes to you out of the blue with cash ain hand, whats a man suppose to do?
rock.gif
??

What's a fair price you think....

P1010095.jpg

P1010082.jpg

rock.gif

That all depends do you want a diffrent bike or have you finnaly got this one where you want it? thats what i would ask myself if it's where you want it and ya have much moola in it do like Busa Brother said if you think that price is fair i'll only sell mine if i absolutly have to which is sad cause i have it in the forsale seciton but ya know wife issues there or if there was something that i really wanted and i could get the money outta my bike but like you i have alotta money in my bike so it really comes down to if ya wana

I dunno...I had one guy offer me 9000 for my 99. Said he'd cash it out if I would let him have it. Dood looked like a squid, so I said I wasn't ready to sell yet, but I would call when I was.

Good thing I didn't. I saw him coupla weeks ago on a 750. Shorts, t-shirt tennis shoes and no helmet....speeding away like there was no tomorrow. Not good.

I guess it'll depend on how "reasonable" that offer is and how "reasonably" responsible he'll be. I would rather sell my bike to someone who had respect for it than to sell it to a squid who's gonna hurt himself or others when he starts riding it.

I dunno...I had one guy offer me 9000 for my 99. Said he'd cash it out if I would let him have it. Dood looked like a squid, so I said I wasn't ready to sell yet, but I would call when I was.

Good thing I didn't. I saw him coupla weeks ago on a 750. Shorts, t-shirt tennis shoes and no helmet....speeding away like there was no tomorrow. Not good.

I guess it'll depend on how "reasonable" that offer is and how "reasonably" responsible he'll be. I would rather sell my bike to someone who had respect for it than to sell it to a squid who's gonna hurt himself or others when he starts riding it.
Yea I think he's a pretty responsible guy, he's worked for me for over 2 years and he's about 33 years old or so, he also just sold his ZX11, as a matter of fact, he showed up to my house with a Helmet, he was already wearing jeans, he had some boots and a lether jacket with the reflective vest and gloves all in truck.... He was ready
smile.gif

Hmm...

With all you've done to it, I wonder why he just doesn't buy himself a new one. I mean, if he really wants a Busa that bad, then I don't why he wouldn't buy a new one right away.

Unless...he just really wants yours.

Hmm...

With all you've done to it, I wonder why he just doesn't buy himself a new one. I mean, if he really wants a Busa that bad, then I don't why he wouldn't buy a new one right away.

Unless...he just really wants yours.
I know he was considering buying a new one, but I guess he knows it would have cost him approx 9700+ OTD then he would have had to have it all chromed out, which would cost him 3 grand plus and all the motor work with labour would have cost him 4 easy..... So he wanted mine cause everything was done to it allready.

Well you figure in the real world market, is used and no longer stock bike. So I would say about $10k, maybe.... BUT! Someone contacts you and is diggin all the mods and such? I'd say start at $13K tell em' it's cause of all the love and primo parts.

Then I would take that $13k Work a sweat deal on a new Busa "Or Whatever new Hot sh!t appeals" and start over again this way you end up with maybe around $4k right outta the gate for mods...

I smell 05' Red N Black... Or an 04 R1... With some mods...
wink.gif

Well you figure in the real world market, is used and no longer stock bike.  So I would say about $10k, maybe....  BUT!  Someone contacts you and is diggin all the mods and such?  I'd say start at $13K  tell em' it's cause of all the love and primo parts.

Then I would take that $13k Work a sweat deal on a new Busa "Or Whatever new Hot sh!t appeals" and start over again this way you end up with maybe around $4k right outta the gate for mods...  

I smell 05' Red N Black...  Or an 04 R1... With some mods...  
wink.gif
Yea I'm digging that 05 Red/Black.... Chrome that baby out and drop a turbo on it, that would be sweet

If someone offered the right price and had cash in hand?
rock.gif

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>SOLD</span></span>
wink.gif

For real though your bike is sweet and obviously you've put a lot of love into it. Only you know the price that will make you sign it over without hesitation. So I say name that price and hope he doesn't bite on it. You get to keep your custom bike and your friend and co-worker can get advice from you on buying and building his own custom bike. Just my thoughts.

Just in case you guys were wondering for $12000 cash I would sign the title and give up the keys!! No questions asked!! Then I would go find a sweet deal in a small town somewhere and start all over again. I hate to say it but, a busa is like a drug!! The first hit(mod) is wonderful, then the first few hits (mods) after that are great (mods) but after a while you want a newer and better drug (new bike)!!
laugh.gif

Back