What would you do??

Is he aware of this web site or other bike sites? Get him to read it for himself and decide...there are deals to be had...being an informed buyer helps out.

not to burst ur bubble, but i bought my 2008 brand new in may of 08. i paid 10411 out the door. bartlesville cyclesports.com. it was a 2.5 hr drive, but much better than the 13,900 the local retailer wanted here. plus they wanted F.S.S. (like 280) so 14,700 before taxes. i say look around im sure you can find a dealer near you. i know there is a place in new york that sold them for around 10,300 out the door. you just have to pay sales tax when you get home.

id just try to inform him the best you can and let him make his decision. he will enjoy the bike the same either way. difference is he could shed 20+ lbs with a new exhaust if he bought it at a lower price.i always enjoyed a road trip, so i didnt mind traveling to get mine.

good luck and keep it rubber side down.

new bike fever is awesome. but it can also lead to awesome mistakes. it took me a little to find my bike (check out my hello-new to the org thread). just make shure it hasent been dropped :laugh: and be happy for him.:poke: white is a cool color too, right Blanca? besides , being a busa its easy to change color, and besides it may just need a paint job/new plastic in a few years anyway. :whistle:

I couldn't let a friend get hosed by a dealer and I sure as heck couldn't let him pay $11,300 for a 2009 bike... :eek:

People wonder why dealers charge stupid prices......because you've got people not using there brain willing to pay them... :banghead:

I guarantee you he is not getting out the door for $11,299.

I'd push the issue. If the dealer will fight like this over the color of the bike, I guarantee someone ELSE will have a black Busa at a comparable price.

Mike

This is the add...09/07/2010

WE ARE HAVING A YEAR END BLOW OUT SALE TILL THE END OF THIS MONTH ON EVERYTHING IN THE STORE.
ALL SUZUKI'S IN STOCK ON SALE
ALL POLARIS IN STOCK ON SALE
ALL TRIUMPH IN STOCK ON SALE
WE HAVE TOO MANY BIKES.
THE BOSS WANTS THEM GONE AND HE'S DOING WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE THEM LEAVE.

2009 GSXR-600'S $8499.00
2009 GSXR-750'S $9995.00
2009 HAYABUSA'S $11299.00
2009 M109'S $11799.00
2009 C109'S 12599.00
2009 M50'S $6999.00

DON'T MISS OUT ON THE DEALS. ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL 302-674-5410 OR TEXT AFTER HOURS 302-363-1485

I couldn't let a friend get hosed by a dealer and I sure as heck couldn't let him pay $11,300 for a 2009 bike... :eek:

People wonder why dealers charge stupid prices......because you've got people not using there brain willing to pay them... :banghead:

:bowdown::bowdown::thumbsup:

They smelled the fever.... I'd attempt to find him a better deal quickly. Else let him go, he has the need.

george_bush_holding_breath.jpg

Where's Dozer ? Did he get it ? What happened ? I cant hold my breath forever !

with todays economy you would think they wouldnt be trying to chase off sales like that, but on the other hand those salesmen sure can smell a deal...good luck

Well he bought it and we are in Ocean City ... I said something to the dealer but they changed the add and said that was for the white one in the old add. He was happy so thats that... he paid out the door 12,900. I will post pics when I can.

Back