What would you do?

V6RACER

Registered
Here's the situation:

Took my busa in for some warranty work. While it was there (three weeks) the accidentally dropped my bike. They never called me to tell me about it not even to tell me my bike was ready to pick up. I go up there saturday and pay for my part of the warranty work (long story). As im paying the guy says to me "We dropped you bike in the shop. We had to put a *new* fairing on the rt side and replace the DB windshield. When I walk back to get my bike there were chips on the *new* fairing they put on the bike. I told them that the chipped fairing wasn't good enough and I wanted my fairing back if they weren't gonna replace it with a new one. They also left a scraped mirror, scratched kill switch, scraped bar end and on top of that the brand new tail section I just installed had a big scratch on it. The owner of the shop wouldn't even speak to me and the owner's son replaced the pieces I pointed out to him and never said a word like "I'm sorry" or anything. When he finished he just walked away and I stood there wondering for several minutes where he went. Finally I just picked up my old fairing put it in the car and started to ride the bike home. He came running out and said "where is that old fairing we need it for another bike". I looked at him and said I put it in the car it came off of my bike and you replaced it with chipped up fairing. He said "that's fine you'll need something one day and we aren't gonna help you." This is the place I bought the bike from and this is the way I get treated. Later, the owners wife called and demanded I return the fairing that I put in the car or she would call the police and say I stole it. I told her she was crazy and to do what she had to do. I also told her unless they replace the fairing with a brand new one I was keeping the fairing they messed up. She hung up on me and called back later saying she ordered a new fairing and I needed to bring both of the fairings back. I still have damage that they did to my bike that has not been fixed.

What do you guys think I should do?
How do I contact someone at Suzuki and get someting done about this?
This dealer makes me sick!
All I wanted is for my bike to be just like I had it before they dropped it.

dude don't take that poop.....they messed up your bike they should replace everything they broke. Thats what they have insurance for. Threaten a lawsuit and follow through if they don't cooperate

here we go again! umm, is the reason they didnt call you because they were waiting for new parts to arrive? if not they need to restore your bike back to the condition it was in when you brought it in, you need to tell them that, everything! no used parts less they are mint!

call suzuki USA, call BBB, call owner and let him know you are willing to persue this in small claims court if they dont replace it, most important! post the name of the dealership so we can get it on all the boards just how they operate! that is just plain BS! your bike should have never been dropped! at the very least you never should have known it was! they should replace everything.

keep us informed if they dont do you right we will have to get their poor business practices on the net.

Yeah, they break it they fix it. Then saying they needed your old fairing for another bike? WTF? If they had replaced with new I could maybe understand it, but this says to me that they are going to slap your damaged fairing on some other poor guys bike... Just remember that dealers are a business just like any other and are subject to the same rules. Why, there are so many horror stories about crap bike shops I'll never understand, it does come back to establishing and maintaining a relationship with the dealer though, it helps when things go wrong...

They never asked if I could wait for new parts they just rolled my bike out and walked away. They do not want to replace anything and I didn't want my bike there any longer to avoid more damage.

The owner's son just happens to have an 03 busa the same color that he bought wrecked on the left side. The piece they put on my bike most likely came from his bike. I'm sure he wants my other plastic to use for a custom paint scheme.

don't accept anything other than how it came into the shop or better..... They have no right to trash your stuff and not fix it.

so they did replace the parts u pointed out and the only thing in question is the fairing right? wait till the new one comes in and go ahead and trade them. but if they havent replaced the other parts not until all the parts are there they need to replace.. and besides they just devalued your bike! if some one asks has your bike been dropped, if you are honest the answer would be yes by a dumbass at so so dealership.

WTF
rock.gif

i am gonn acatch crap for this one, i can feel it. I think as long as they replace all of the damaged plastics and whatnot. they are entitled to keep the old damaged ones. you droped of a mint bike, and you have every right to pick up a mint bike. but i dont know about a mint bike and a spare set of plastics. if your car is totaled and the insurace company pays for it, they dont give you the wrecked car back, you have to buy it. Dont get me wrong, these bastards would have hell to pay if my bike wasnt mint when i picked it up. but as long as they make good, the old plastics are theirs. Now taking something from them for not helping you out honstly out of revenge, thats ok in my book. ohh yeah they should have called you the day your bike was dropped and told you about it, not make wait till you pick it up. post the name of these weiners for us

fear is on the money.The clown that wants plastics for his recked bike needs to buy them not try to rob yours.Future business hahahaha.NOT call Suzuki ohhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaa.

Get a lawyer and take them to town -including some punitive damages to punish them for their underhandedness.
mad.gif

Get a lawyer and take them to town -including some punitive damages to punish them for their underhandedness.
mad.gif
your only good tiil you ride off the lot the first time then your poop have the same problems with my dealer dont take any of there crap and dont give them anything till every peice of your bike is perfect as it was before the clumbsy idiots nocked it over in the first place and then go somewhere else who the frick do they think they are when my bike when in for its first service they smashed my taillight and scracthed the black fender (which is gone now anyway) i said something about it and they denied it them words were exchanged i went off for myself the lady said she was going to call the cops i told them if they dont fix my bike that she was going to need them they took care of it the guy brought the light right to my house and installed it

I'd make them replace everything they messed up, then you ride away on your Busa as if they never dropped it. I wouldn't accept 5 scratched fairings over one perfect one...don't accept anything but what you dropped off...

I recently had an encounter with a local dealership (it's buried somewhere on this board)...the only option I felt I had was to write a letter to the customer service dept of American Suzuki in CA. I've since rec'd a letter and a phone call from them; they've assigned my complaint a number so I can follow up on what's been done. It's my understanding that they're contacting the local dealer and asking that they correct the situation, whatever that might mean...I'm still waiting...

If you don't get your bike back in it's original condition, including replacing scratched mirrors and whatever else they messed up, write Suzuki. It took them weeks to get back with me, but someone did read my letter and they are working on the problem...Suzuki dealers probably don't like hearing from the parent company, especially when it comes to customer service woes...

Here's the address:

American Suzuki MC/ATV Customer Service
P.O. Box 1100
Brea, CA 92822

They are responsible for any and all damage incurred during their posession of your bike. Demand that it be fixed and if you do have to get an attorney, sue for all expenses that you incur. Make sure that you sue each person involved and the shop as a whole so they cannot use a limited liability clause and escape payment. There are warrants that can be issued for their arrest as well. Don't give up and move swiftly.

ANYTHING THT IS DAMAGED THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR FIXING ..... DONT ACCEPT ANYTHING ELSE OR LESS... CONTACT SUZUKI ,,, BBB,,,, AND THE OWNER AS STATED ERLIER AND LET THEM KNOW IF IT IS NOT FIXED YOU WILL FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB .. ONCE A COMPLAINT IS FILED WITH THE BBB THEY HAVE TO RESPOND TO THE BBB. ALSO THREATEN LAWSUIT . THEY WILL ACT IF NOT FOLLOW THRU WITH YOUR THREATS .. THAT BULLSHIT YOU TOOK THEM A DAMAGE FREE BIKE YOU DESERVE A DAMAGE FREE BIKE WHEN YOU PICK IT UP... GOOD LUCK.
smile.gif

Let me guess this dealer is in Tupelo MS?

Ask STUNNAH about them!

When I lived in Columbus MS I went up there a few times. As soon as I talked to them and looked in the shop I knew they had some shaddy poop going on.

By the way they bought a buddy of mines "totaled" F4i, fixed it and sold it as a unwrecked bike. Wish I could have talked to the guy that bought it!
mad.gif

I can't remember but I think it's TUPELO POWER SPORTS! Is that the place you are speaking of?

mad.gif
your only good tiil you ride off the lot the first time then your poop have the same problems with my dealer dont take any of there crap and dont give them anything till every peice of your bike is perfect as it was before the clumbsy idiots nocked it over in the first place and then go somewhere else who the frick do they think they are when my bike when in for its first service they smashed my taillight and scracthed the black fender (which is gone now anyway) i said something about it and they denied it them words were exchanged i went off for myself the lady said she was going to call the cops i told them if they dont fix my bike that she was going to need them they took care of it the guy brought the light right to my house and installed it
Dude, how about some periods or commas. That is very difficult to read. Not that I dissagree with what was said... or what I can make of it at least (he he - donl't take offense guy!).

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075746248 -->

Yes it is Tupelo Power Sports. His nickname I have heard through the grapevine is "Junkyard Todd". They buy wrecked bikes all the time and rob parts to build bike to sell. The only thing that was wrong with the fairing that was on the bike was some scraps on the bottom side from speed bumps but nothing above that. I am an honest person but these guys have really pushed me the wrong way. I figure holding the scratched fairing would get me some barganing room for the replacement pieces. I have talked with my father in law in Hattiesburg and he told me Hattiesburg Cycles is nothing like that. He praises their shop and now I know that's where I need to take my bike..

Back