Replacing my fairing after hitting deer

Speed King

Banned
I hit a deer on my 2008 busa a couple weeks ago in this thread here>https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-owners-forum/117121-new-member-hit-deer.html, i am lucky to be alive, i killed the deer.
I took my bike in for a damage estimate and they told me $1200 in damage for the parts not to mention the labor.

My question is:
1. Should i take my bike to the dealer and have them fix it?
2. Should i buy the parts online and put the fairing on myself? is it hard to put fairing on, cuz i have never put fairing on a bike.
3. Should i just buy a whole new fairing set and go a different color?

Can someone please give me some feed back as to what they think i should do?
Thank you.:banghead:

If you have any skills, buy the OEM parts and fix it at the house. Be prepared to buy a part or two you didn't expect. $1200 ain't bad :thumbsup:

I'm with everyone else so far. Fix it yourself. You'll do a better job than 99% percent of the dealers out there. If you don't like the color of your bike now this is the time to change it also. Where do you live? I'm sure someone lives close enough to help you with the project. :thumbsup:

I can sell you all the parts to fix it,and be sure to get you the stuff a few may miss..

Yea, i think i will fix it myself.
I need a right side fairing, blinker housing,right side ram-air intake and a new nose.

With winter coming soon, i guess that will be my winter project. Damn deer, i hate em, i should have took it home and ate em:laugh:

I need a right side fairing, blinker housing,right side ram-air intake and a new nose.

With winter coming soon, i guess that will be my winter project. Damn deer, i hate em, i should have took it home and ate em:laugh:

You can do it!

I hit a deer on my 2008 busa a couple weeks ago in this thread here>https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-owners-forum/117121-new-member-hit-deer.html, i am lucky to be alive, i killed the deer.
I took my bike in for a damage estimate and they told me $1200 in damage for the parts not to mention the labor.

My question is:
1. Should i take my bike to the dealer and have them fix it?
2. Should i buy the parts online and put the fairing on myself? is it hard to put fairing on, cuz i have never put fairing on a bike.
3. Should i just buy a whole new fairing set and go a different color?

Can someone please give me some feed back as to what they think i should do?
Thank you.:banghead:

UNBELIEVABLE PERFORMANCE!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"CAN I DO IT?"
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Okay,, I'll bite,,, are you John Noonan,, SPEED KING from Huntington Beach California?

Say no,, and I'll get straight off of your arse.

Because this, 'Can I do it stuff?' is a little too much to bare since if you ARE JOHN NOONAN,, the same guy that has set, oh so many, many Bonneville Salt Flats records,, then I find it hilariously entertaining that you are milking these naive H.oRg member like you are,, and they are falling for it, too! I wouldn't be sure which was more funny!

Sooo? :whistle:

Okay,, I'll bite,,, are you John Noonan,, SPEED KING from Huntington Beach California?

Say no,, and I'll get straight off of your arse.

Because this, 'Can I do it stuff?' is a little too much to bare since if you ARE JOHN NOONAN,, the same guy that has set, oh so many, many Bonneville Salt Flats records,, then I find it hilariously entertaining that you are milking these naive H.oRg member like you are,, and they are falling for it, too! I wouldn't be sure which was more funny!

Sooo? :whistle:
Miss, who ever you are, i have no idea what your talking about.
Stay off the drugs, you seem to think i am someone else which i am not.
Even in my other thread about me hitting a deer on my bike you think it someone you know playing some little game, i am too old to play games.
I have no idea who you are or what you are even talking about, please leave me alone.

With the parts you list you're getting a good deal at $1200. Did they price out all the cushions and heat shields in the right fairing ?

Miss, who ever you are, i have no idea what your talking about.
Stay off the drugs, you seem to think i am someone else which i am not.
Even in my other thread about me hitting a deer on my bike you think it someone you know playing some little game, i am too old to play games.
I have no idea who you are or what you are even talking about, please leave me alone.

Okay, lady,, or whoever YOU are,, you obviously have no idea who I was talking about AND you are not the person I was referring too, nor have a clue as to whom that name represents in the Hayabusa World you have just NOW stumbled into,, go on with yourself. I have nothing to do with you or your vane thought of my false obsession for you. :rofl: As if!

And,,, while you are poking around on the search feature to learn a little about your Hayabusa, strike 'Google.com' to search out the name 'SPEED KING' so you can know why I went off on your fresh member posts! Then, maybe then you will understand why I thought that it was just two people that had known each other for OVER TEN years that I was giving a little tickle too!

Good luck with that damage. I couldn't wish that on anyone.

Back