AFTERMARKET FAIRING

mikeled86

SHOT TIME RIP D.A.M
Donating Member
Registered
I have some aftermarket fairings that I am wondering the foam on the inside of the fairing do you need this and if so where can I get some I called the stealership and they said that it comes on the OEM fairings and you can't buy it without the fairing. Is there another type foam I could use if you have to have it on the bike maybe Dynomat?

IM ASSUMING THE FAIRING IS FIBERGLASS? (damn caps) if so you could probably get away without it,but if its plastic im pretty sure you need it for the heat,otherwise it may melt from motor heat...i could be wrong here but this is my thinking

I have used two different items on aftermarket painted sets and both have worked well to protect the paint and plastic from the heat. The first is available through most any boiler supply center it is a white ceramic type cloth it comes by the square foot and is very durable and lightweight. I use an epoxy such as JB weld to hold it in place and it can take over 3000 degrees and it is easily cut with scissors. I also have used a tape that is ceramic coated which I found through McMaster Carr supply company you can cut and stick it in almost any manner to protect the paint. Both of these work just fine and hold up well.

Back