What would you change

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Often we ask the members here about technical or feature changes that you want around here...

I was thinking to myself this week, if you controlled the site and could snap your fingers and effect change what would it be?

What does the site lack not so much from a technical perspective but looking at what could bring more of us together.

What would you do?

I would like to an option that tells me that I had a response to my post.
I have seen this on other forums and it makes it easier to keep up;
Example: Pull down
Response to your post: 3 New

I would like to be notified (via PM or email) if someone quotes a post I have made.

Also, I would really like to have instant messaging within the site. :thumbsup:

Get rid of the post counts and the "Like Post" thing.

Sorry I like the post counts and like post thing.
I would like to see maybe some kind of tabs across the top in the classifieds section for quicker access. Similar to windows favorites.

Change the black ad at the top forum page, because when you first log-in and it shows a message or a like, you cant see it. You have to click on say...Random Thoughts and then reclick it.
Thanks for all you do for us!!

I like some of the things mentioned so far, particularly the classifieds and the quote parts, but also how about somehow letting a user know that someone has posted about them? Maybe someway of knowing that your username has been used? You know like when someone starts a "pinging GsxrBots" post, it would let me know that someone used my name? Is this at all possible? Otherwise, I love this site Captain, and I appreciate all that you and the other Moderators do here..

Capt the site is pretty much the best laid out one I've seen.
I would like to have a 'post and return to index' or 'post and return to new posts' tab next to 'submit reply' and 'preview post' tabs.

You read a thread and then post in it and as page refreshes after your post it takes you right back to same place and thread your in. Unless the thread is about Jet Li and on fire nothing new is there after you post so it would be nice to post and have the ability to automatically leave the thread and return to index/new post page.

Get rid of the post counts and the "Like Post" thing.

Don't mess with my toaster :poke: :laugh:

Not sure how it would work but designated area for V.I.D. for bikes posted for sale and a way that if they forget to add it the add won't post in the classifieds. a spot marked with an * and if it isn't filled it goes back to the * for them to enter the number,

i like a shoutout box at the top of the page, you can chat live with anyone that wants and still be able to check in on diff threads. seen it on a diff forum. thanks:beerchug:

Yea I also think the Classifieds should be simpler. Just a regular form like it used to be would be easier to navigate and keep up with. It's too busy and when I've needed something I have resorted to Google and usually find results that steer me to the section anyway, haha.

Expiration fo classifieds..people post stuff for sale and then it lingers OR you cant tell if it was sold..mandatory update if you're selling? Keep post counts...telle people how long youve been around and for newbs its a good guideline for learning stuff from people belive it or not..

Sorry I like the post counts and like post thing.

Why? Do we need popularity scorecards? Reminds me of the little gold stars I did or maybe didn't get in kindergarten. Cheesy.

Another thing I'd like to see is all vids posted in the vid section, all crash threads in the crash section, politics in the politics section, religion in the religion if there was one, riding skills threads in that section etc. or at least moved there when posted.

Expiration fo classifieds..people post stuff for sale and then it lingers OR you cant tell if it was sold..mandatory update if you're selling? Keep post counts...telle people how long youve been around and for newbs its a good guideline for learning stuff from people belive it or not..

How do you enforce "mandatory updates"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I guess an expiration on the add is the simplest form Doug...

Forces a seller to go back and update if its been sold or not

Maybe after an ad has been up for a certain period of time, the seller gets a notification about it and must take some sort of action to extend the life of the ad or it will be automatically removed.

Kind of like when I'm doing online banking and I get a pop-up saying, "Your session is about to expire. Please click "OK" for more time.". Something like that in email or PM form would be good.

Back