What Would You Change...

1) HID's
2) return to the Gen. 1 tail except w/ integrated turn signals
3) cruise control
4) -$500 option to come without an exhaust (i know they couldn't do that but it would be nice to have the $ to go toward an exhaust i would actually use)

The DB Windscreen, HID's, single sided exhaust, levers (like a "Pazzo" design) are all great ideas... I mean, it's gonna be 2011, and technology should just scream for this stuff... Come on Suzuki, do it already!

I wouldn't change the GenI :thumbsup:

Aside from a gear indicator (Just a 6th gear indicator would be good enough for me)
and Self Canceling turn signals, I love it.

The harley guys remind me a lot that my turn sigmals aren't self canceling :laugh:

It's embarassing having them on for a mile or more on a group ride.

I think I'm in the minority on this one.

I love the new tail. I would just make the tail light a little smaller (And I like the twin pipes, too.)

1. Factory HIDs with a high beam that really works.
2. An option to turn the turn signals into running lights.
3. Factory adjustable rear sets
4. Gear Indicator (I'm tired of shifting into 7th)

Things I would change

Brakes

Suspension

Fully adjustable rear sets and handle bars

Adjustable steering dampener

Electronic cruise control

More options on the dash display. MPG, air temp ect.

Built in MP3 player

Slim up the tail but keep the storage capacity ( just wishing here right?)

HID’s

……………. And more power (duh)

Last edited:
The Busa is such an exceptional bike that you have to beg Suzuki to make a minor change about something that just doesn't quite please you, because you can't find a better ride for double the price. If not for the weak dollar Suzuki would have given us the worlds greatest 10K bike bar none......................

I'd like to see the "M" in the F=MA equation reduced. It would be nice to see the bike shed 60 lbs. or so. This is probably asking too much though for a mass-produced motorcycle this big and powerful...there's a price to be paid for an engine of this size. I also bought the bike because I wanted a sportbike with a reasonable seating position for someone taller than 5'10". So they better not shrink it down to litre bike size.

The gixxer 1k tail looks phenomenal on the 'busa, but I don't think it'd be comfortable for my wife.

Ultimately we're talking about Suzuki making changes that will compromise the appeal of the 'busa to varying subsets of the model's fans. It's easy to write a wish list, but more difficult to translate those wishes into reality without screwing up the wide appeal of the bike.

I'm certain one could shave the 60lbs. I requested off the bike with carbon fiber wheels, single sided exhaust (though it would have to keep the catalytic converter), and reducing mass elsewhere by using more exotic materials. Such an effort by Suzuki would drive the cost of the bike up high enough that many of us wouldn't be able to afford or justify owning the bike.

Overall, the busa provides a phenomenally versatile platform straight out of the crate. From that starting point, owners are able to customize the bike in the direction that fits their personality and riding style over how much time their budget allows. There's nothing anyone has mentioned in this thread so far that can't be accomplished individually through the aftermarket.

This thread could be titled "what mods have you done to your 'busa?" and it would probably have very similar responses.

Back