What will be the next evolution of your riding career?

Our next bike will be the beemer 1200gt.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thinking of starting a website to match my next bike, concourse.org

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

You get the idea... I think we are getting close to the end... Suzuki is putting no energy into the once mighty Busa....

Last edited:
I'm looking at one of these maybe... Well a super moto but doesn't need to b Aprillia.

Aprilia%20SMV%20750%20Dorsoduro%20Factory.jpg

OR
Adventure Bike. Love the BMW

bmw-r-1200-gs-adventure-front.jpg

If i can find a good salvage bike or super cheap rebuildable, then its Street Fighter

515e97cf.jpg

Most likely my wife will limit me to one of these...

2562347745_906fa15291.jpg

I'm already there.....more than likely the VTX will go and another busa in it's place.But this is my primary sickle..Love this machine.

yamaha 4.jpg

I think the Busa has a strong enough foundation to be around for a very long time if Suzuki will just update it more frequently. It doesn't need to be every two years like a gixxer, but maybe every 4 or so. Not even huge changes, just enough to keep it interesting and new.

I'm a little confused about what they're doing with the V-Strom 1000. They took it out of the lineup for a year or two, then brought it back for 2012 as what appears to be the exact same bike they sold back in 09 with a different color on the gas tank. Suzuki actually called it "all new" on their Facebook page. I guess they think nobody can remember three model years ago...

I like it because it's a reliable and uncomplicated machine that you can build on and customize without breaking the bank.

wouldn't mind having a dual sport Beemer for some cross-country adventure riding and a supercharged Rocket III to pull Lucy on a trailer to the Bash :laugh:

Most people evolve to a more upright sitting position, when the tummy grows and the back gets sore. The BMW GS and GT series are the most popular.

I'm already there.....more than likely the VTX will go and another busa in it's place.But this is my primary sickle..Love this machine.

Very nice looking bike. Out of curiosity, why did yo go with the FJR over a Concours 14? I've never ridden an FJR, but the Connie is pretty sweet.

I have been wanting a Gixxer1K for a while now. That will probably be my next bike. :) I have also considered a Gixxer750. Maybe after I get the Gixxer, later on get a Concours.

I'm looking to move on to a liter bike. Been wanting one for quite some time now, and at 54, my riding clock is ticking. Put it off much longer and I fear I'll forever wish I had while I could.
After that I don't know, won't be much else left to experience. Can't see myself ever being any kind of content on a cruiser or Goldwing thing. Maybe something like a Concours 14 and do some travelling. Dunno, I try not to think about it.

I wouldn't worry about your "riding clock", I suggest you have plenty of time for as radical a bike as you want. I recently rode twisties in San Diego with a 70 year old on a Duc and he "showed me the way around" quite nicely! I never thought, "should I pass him?" more like, "wow, we're flying, sure glad he knows his way around!"
Doyle

I think this strands question is awesome....we always ask ourselves the question, "what's next?" After making my superbyke operational and experiencing that, since I am retiring in 2 1/2 years, I've decided that I want to do the Adventure Touring challenge (as some brought up already). I am going to ride my KLR, solo to above the Artic Circle for my retirement celebration. Cross over the Alaskan Ranges, the Klondike, Canada, minimal camping and maximal cabins (I worry about Grizzleys!). Anyways, I think that would by hella memorable! Doyle

P1000906.JPG

P1000909.JPG

P1010577.JPG

P1000704.JPG

P1000907.JPG

P1010574.JPG

A lot of folks "want but worry" about getting a liter bike. Actually, I think they are easier than a Busa to go fast on, they just wheelie on little straights more! Anyways, it's not that big of a transition EXCEPT long distance comfort and carrying capacity.

MF1A2669.JPG

MF1A0623.jpg

I wouldn't worry about your "riding clock", I suggest you have plenty of time for as radical a bike as you want. I recently rode twisties in San Diego with a 70 year old on a Duc and he "showed me the way around" quite nicely! I never thought, "should I pass him?" more like, "wow, we're flying, sure glad he knows his way around!"
Doyle

Just got back from looking at an '11 ZX10R. Also looked at a ZX6R and a Gixer750, less than an inch difference in wheelbase between them, but a HUGE difference in the cockpit sizes between the 10R and the other 2 bikes. 10R isn't nearly as stretched out as a Gen2 Busa of course(they had one in the line too), but it is way more roomy than either of the 600 size bikes. Only thing that may take some getting used to size wise is the peg height, very noticeably higher pegs than on my Gen 1. Really liking the 10R though. Will run it past my insurance agent next week, then go from there.:thumbsup:

Back