I think i sold the busa, what next?

dolilind

Registered
What to do next?
I Still have my lil gixxer. Do i keep that and just ride on it? Ive been real interested in on of them new 09gixxer1k's they are just bad ass. PLus i think the smaller lighter bike might be a little better for me. thing is i will have about 5k after i pay off my medical bills to do something with. Hard to say i love my lil gixxer but it just doesnt have no where near the grunt my busa has. And the new busa are nice, but im getting a little tired of pushing a tank around.
What would you do?

Well whatever your decision.... hope you still make the Fall Bash.

But if it was me, I'd wait for the new 2010 colors and go get me another Busa!

Come on now Darrell! You know what time it is! :laugh:

*Edit* What lead you to sell your Busa anyway? Just curious.

Last edited:
Man if I sold my Busa, and had money in my hand, it would be a VERY hard decision for me to make, between another Busa or a Gixxer 1K

or an R-1.....ZX 10... Whay can't I just be rich, and get them all, like GUCLU, LoL !!

The 09 1k is truly a badass bike. I have a friend with one and it felt just as quick and tons lighter than my old '06 Busa (even riding them back to back). The ergos also didn't feel that much different. It's just too much coin for me to plop on a motorcyle.

I feel u...i think im coming off my busa as well this year after 5 seasons with her. Heres the thing tho...what are u into as a rider...for example...my reason for downgrading is i live for cornering. I lean a busa with the best of them but my weight plus the busa is a equation for crashes in turns...so im going to the used gixxer and may come back for a new busa after i see how i feel. I ride an m109 now so riding that cadilac changes ur feelings about sportbikes..i put more miles on it in 2 months then i did on my busa in a year. Back to you....the 1k is not much difference from the busa hp wise...if u want the cornering drop to the 750...its suzukis most refined sportbike and the insurance is on the money!!!!....the 1000 is suzukis most counter productive bike to own...they add a little more balls and the weight is almost the same as the 750...and this bike only exists because of the class of riders who are obsessed with cc's but think the busa cant corner. Realistically a few mods to the gixxer 750 and u got a 1000...either way take your time and do a little research..

Last edited:
...SNIP...if u want the cornering drop to the 750...its suzukis most refined sportbike and the insurance is on the money!!!!....the 1000 is suzukis most counter productive bike to own...they add a little more balls and the weight is almost the same as the 750...and this bike only exists because of the class of riders who are obsessed with cc's but think the busa cant corner. Realistically a few mods to the gixxer 750 and u got a 1000...either way take your time and do a little research..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not even close, but you are free to believe what you want. :beerchug:

But I am a little biased towards the 09 GSXR1K.
IMG_5323.jpg

Last edited:
mannn if i get off a Bus' i'd go 1198, but that's just me. :thumbsup:

What i was think REV, but the 15K price tag and no where around me to service it or get parts its the other prob.

Also ive seen pix and have read articles on the 2010 YOSHI GSXR1000. That this is straight bad ass.. Come almost race ready as far as i can tell. The only thing is will it be sold in the States? My dealer thinks if it does come here it will be just a sticker kit like the REPSOL and will not have all the extra motor goodies, because emissions US emmisions regulations. Pray it does make it. :please:

Just check out some of these specs off the gixxer
Features:

Engine:
YRS ST-R Type R Cams (High Lift Longer Duration Cam Shafts)
YRS Hi Compression Head Gasket (Raised Compression to 13.8:1)
BMC Race Air Filter
Yoshimura EM Pro w/ Quick Shifter and harness
Yoshimura R77 Titanium / Carbon Fiber Full System

Suspension/Chassis:
YRS Swing Arm Pivot Insert (+2mm)
YRS Rear Suspension Linkage (159MM)
YRS Extended Fork Cap Kit (gives additional 25MM of front ride height adjustment)
YRS Showa "KIT" Rear Shock with YRS Race Spec Valving
YRS Race Spec Fork Valving

Brakes: Galfer Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines Front
Galfer Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines Rear
Galfer 1375 Front Brake Pads

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not even close, but you are free to believe what you want. :beerchug:

But I am a little biased towards the 09 GSXR1K.
IMG_5323.jpg

See thats what im talking bout. My dealer has the same color one that i helped build still stilling there, i can get it at cost. Totaly sweet bike, i didnt think i would like the black and cranberry but i do wow.

Lookin' at that pic of Loki08's Gixxer, how can you go wrong? That's one sharp bike. I read they're guessing the Yosh Gixxer will be priced about $30 thousand.

If you want to try something different, why go with the 1000 for a couple years, then go back to a 2012 Busa?

Who know what the price will be or even if they will bring it to the states. Lets hope so. But hell if its 30grand. I prob go that in my busa :).

The 09 1k is truly a badass bike. I have a friend with one and it felt just as quick and tons lighter than my old '06 Busa (even riding them back to back). The ergos also didn't feel that much different. It's just too much coin for me to plop on a motorcyle.

the impression that i got from the 09 gsxr 1000 was that it was a top heavy piece of ****. its still better than the R1, but not even close to the 09 zx10, or the 09 cbr1000.

bench

the impression that i got from the 09 gsxr 1000 was that it was a top heavy piece of ****. its still better than the R1, but not even close to the 09 zx10, or the 09 cbr1000.

bench

bench....those are all great bikes. But the '09 GSXR has either won or been neck & neck with the R1 in all the liter bike shoot outs.

Saying the GSXR is a "top heavy piece of sh*t" is an inaccurate stretch wouldn't you say ??? :nono:

Last edited:
Whatever i have read says the Gixxer has more HP, better braking, more lean angle. Than any other liter bike on the market.

bench....those are all great bikes. But the '09 GSXR has either won or been neck & neck with the R1 in all the liter bike shoot outs.

Saying the GSXR is a "top heavy piece of sh*t" is an inaccurate stretch wouldn't you say ??? :nono:

i said it was MY impression, others may feel different but i didnt think it was anything special...the 09 cbr 1000rr and the 09 zx10 are still better bikes to me.

and i agree with you about the new r1 being close in performance. but for anyone who has ever did exstensive riding on the new "crossplane" r1 thats not saying much.

bench

Back