What Went Wrong Today?

DougE

Registered
It was a long and expensive weekend. It started off when I couldn’t find the only key to my Jetta. I tuned the house upside down looking for it and couldn’t find it. i had two options; wait a week for the dealership to order a key and then tow the car to the dealers or call a locksmith. I called the locksmith because the Jetta is my daily and wife drives the other car.

The locksmith got the key remade ($425) but ended up breaking the the speedometer motor on the dash so I’ll have to wait for him to get the parts and replace it.

My phone also started slowing down and when I checked, the battery health was in bad condition. I went to get the battery replaced. The tech said he couldn’t do it because the battery was expanding and it was at risk of exploding. The process is long to send the phone in to apple to get the battery replaced and I’ve read that with these conditions, apple won’t fix it.

So, I had to get a new phone which I didn’t want to do. Overall, it was a stressful and expensive weekend.

Maybe we can use this thread when we have a bad day or something went wrong.

Sounds like you had a streak of bad luck. Better to get it behind you, look forward to an outstanding week:firing:

Plus, you have this ...

Busa.jpg

...to play with!

when it rains, it pours! I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes but put it behind you and move ahaed. It feels good to get things back on track. When we retire, that's when we just don't give a poop anymore, for a while anyway! I look forward to that day...sort of. :laugh:

Man, I feel your pain! My phone died Saturday and it's been an all weekend hassle getting my automated world back again!

It was a long and expensive weekend. It started off when I couldn’t find the only key to my Jetta. I tuned the house upside down looking for it and couldn’t find it. i had two options; wait a week for the dealership to order a key and then tow the car to the dealers or call a locksmith. I called the locksmith because the Jetta is my daily and wife drives the other car.

The locksmith got the key remade ($425) but ended up breaking the the speedometer motor on the dash so I’ll have to wait for him to get the parts and replace it.

My phone also started slowing down and when I checked, the battery health was in bad condition. I went to get the battery replaced. The tech said he couldn’t do it because the battery was expanding and it was at risk of exploding. The process is long to send the phone in to apple to get the battery replaced and I’ve read that with these conditions, apple won’t fix it.

So, I had to get a new phone which I didn’t want to do. Overall, it was a stressful and expensive weekend.

I feel ya. Weird weekend for me too. I got my family loaded up in the car and popped a coolant line about 50 mi from home. Glad I had the 100 mi towing on my AAA. Spent the day changing fittings and lines on the family wagon. It's paid off, so I'm trying to get every mile I can out of it.

P.S. AAA RV plan covers motorcycles too.

Hope the week turns out better for ya.

You know what would really cap it off?
If you found the Jetta key.
Yeah . . . that would do it.

Years ago I lost the key to my KTM 950SM in the house, I turned the house upside down too, to this day it has never surfaced.
Weird thing was . . I always kept that key in the same spot, it just disappeared, so annoying.
Thankfully I got 2 keys with the bike and just went and bought a blank and had it cut so I once again had two keys.

Last edited:
You know what would really cap it off?
If you found the Jetta key.
Yeah . . . that would do it.

Years ago I lost the key to my KTM 950SM in the house, I turned the house upside down too, to this day it has never surfaced.
Weird thing was . . I always kept that key in the same spot, it just disappeared, so annoying.
Thankfully I got 2 keys with the bike and just went and bought a blank and had it cut so I once again had two keys.
I will be kicking myself so hard if I find the key. It's weird because my house keys, work id and other items were all there. It was just the car key missing.

I kept meaning to make a second key for the car but never got to it. Already have a second one ordered.

It's crazy to think how important it is to have a phone on you these days.
I rarely have one on me...it spends quite a bit of it's time sitting on the end table...

I have a good buddy who doesn't have a cell phone and won't get one and doesn't miss it one bit...I was kind of thinking of getting rid of it but my granddaughters are just starting to get interesting and often facetime the wife and I.

I will be kicking myself so hard if I find the key. It's weird because my house keys, work id and other items were all there. It was just the car key missing.

I kept meaning to make a second key for the car but never got to it. Already have a second one ordered.
Everyone has "one of those days" we were attached to a regular unit one time during training and a young soldier had his sidearm fall into the port 'O potty...he had to fish it out and then proceed to clean it....

It had a lanyard attachment on it but he didn't have a lanyard hooked into it....he certainly did after that...

We called him "port "O potty" after that...nothing better than getting a nickname that sticks....

Many years ago, I lost my keys to my car after a long and tiring weekend. I remember I was very tired from a long drive, but I always put things in the same routine spot. They were nowhere to be found, after countless searches. It bothered me for days. Later that week, I decided to retrace my steps from the house, all the way back to the car, as I knew I would have had them there to get home. I re-engineered every process I could remember, and it dawned on me. I had popped the hood open to check over the car after arriving. I propped the hood up and no shi*, the keys had been there for a week.

Many years ago, I lost my keys to my car after a long and tiring weekend. I remember I was very tired from a long drive, but I always put things in the same routine spot. They were nowhere to be found, after countless searches. It bothered me for days. Later that week, I decided to retrace my steps from the house, all the way back to the car, as I knew I would have had them there to get home. I re-engineered every process I could remember, and it dawned on me. I had popped the hood open to check over the car after arriving. I propped the hood up and no shi*, the keys had been there for a week.
We had a guy in our section who was frantically searching around the cubicle area for his glasses...what he didn't know was they were on the top of his head...

We let him fester for around 15 minutes and I said "hey Steve, put your hand on your head" at that he found his glasses...he sure cussed us out for letting him run around looking for them....we had a good laugh but were ever cognizant of where our stuff was as he would be on us like white on rice....

We had a guy in our section who was frantically searching around the cubicle area for his glasses...what he didn't know was they were on the top of his head...

We let him fester for around 15 minutes and I said "hey Steve, put your hand on your head" at that he found his glasses...he sure cussed us out for letting him run around looking for them....we had a good laugh but were ever cognizant of where our stuff was as he would be on us like white on rice....
Too funny! Man, that's almost as bad as waking up thinking you're late to work, only to realize it's still the same day!

Too funny! Man, that's almost as bad as waking up thinking you're late to work, only to realize it's still the same day!
I've done that....

I can't remember when but there was a post here with the OP stating their Hayabusa wasn't starting, there was nothing when he hit the starter button even though the lights were on..

Many replies came but eventually someone mentioned "did you pull in the clutch?" the guy didn't and stated the bike started right up....this was the only bike he had ever ridden that needed the clutch to be pulled in even in neutral....

He said it was a face palm to the face moment...

Back