THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELLPHONE COULD DO...

do you want to tranfer ringtones from the computer to the v3 ?
i have the v3m now, my bluetooth will let me transfer videos,pictures, ringtones to and from the computer. changed my outside screen wallpaper, deleted all the crappy ringtones, and motorola pictures. changed the video memory to record long as i want or till memory runs out. it involves a few programs with the chance of frying the phone. but i have hacked a bunch myself with no problem.

(rlachermeier @ Oct. 23 2006,17:06)
(05 Busa LE @ Oct. 23 2006,06:21) Interesting ... how do you know all of this stuff?
It was an email swent to me at work from a buddy of mine who is the Network Administrator.

He tried to explain to me how it works. Used words like "frequency bandwidth" and others that I am only somewhat familar with. He said because the phones operate in a frequency bandwidth similar to the cell phones that the cell phones are working as an extension of your remote (radio waves not sound waves). That maybe explains why it works for some and not for others.

I posted this same thread on another forum and it seems just like here it does not work for the majority of those who try it. All I know is that it did work for me. Like I replied on the other forum I used two identical i90c Motorolas (Nextel). They are definitely "old school" phones.
That proves there are stupid network admins too. He must be a Windows Admin, eh? MCSE
biggrin.gif

Carl

I got one you might not know. If you leave your car on and take the keyfob with you (say you have pets with you and you need to pay for gas but you don't want to leave them in a hot car even for a few minutes), the keyfob won't unlock the door.

Ask my wife how she knows
biggrin.gif

(Subaru Outback if that helps.)

Carl

(thepushercg @ Oct. 25 2006,19:07) do you want to tranfer ringtones from the computer to the v3 ?
i have the v3m now, my bluetooth will let me transfer videos,pictures, ringtones to and from the computer. changed my outside screen wallpaper, deleted all the crappy ringtones, and motorola pictures. changed the video memory to record long as i want or till memory runs out.  it involves a few programs with the chance of frying the phone. but i have hacked a bunch myself with no problem.
I'd be pretty happy just being able to transfer pics/mp3's back and forth...

I'd be very happy to be able to customize the interface a bit (particularly to get rid of the ugly red verizon stuff everywhere) and if possible turn off the stupid startup/shutdown videos...

I've also heard that if you flash the motorola OS back onto them, it gets rid of the delay when you push all the buttons...

but like I said before, I'd be pretty happy just to be able to transfer pics/mp3's back and forth.

i need to know the sw version of your phone. that will let us know if we can just seem edit or will have to flash the phone. mine is GATW-01.OF-.02
go under device info, other information, sw version to find it.
if yours is the same we can use two programs if its not we would have to use three programs to get it to the transfer stage, sounds hard but its not.
you will also need a cable to connect to the computer usb from the phone.

i have finally realizzed why i love this site sooooo much, ITS YOU KNUCKLE HEADS. I am in stitches in patrol car just rolling in tears. yall are halarious
jump9.gif

Back