Ever Got Locked Out of Your Car?

Well, I work for the phone company, and this really won't work. The remote for your door locks is a radio transmitter. How exactly do you piggy-back a non-audio signal across a GSM network? Even an audio signal won't work over GSM due to the amount of compression used - the conversion is lossy, and the network only transmits sound in a relatively narrow bandwidth (what a human can hear), so if your car remote sounds like an analog modem trying to connect to the internet, there is a (very, very small) chance that this might work, otherwise I have to call BS.

Sorry Creekboy,

smile.gif
Ditto, won't wotk, period.
wink.gif

I'm an idiot. I just tried it and it didn't work. Creekboy.......you owe me 50 bucks for the locksmith!!
tounge.gif
(no....I wasn't THAT dumb to lock the keys in the car! )
laugh.gif

Will not work on my mom's Focus.......I must have looked like an idiot trying it over and over and at different distances...... thanks CB.

That's nothing! If you dial 666 * # and press send on any cell phone you can talk to dead people! There's even a true movie about it called "Cell Noise" that stars a friend of my sisters cousin's aunt

You can also REMOTE START ANY CAR by standing on the trunk with your pants dropped, hold your cell phone in the air shouting "I AM A PLEEB! THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOHTER!" I just tired it and it worked before they hauled me away

LOL...my wife came home yesterday and told me a story about this cell phone car unlock.

Her friend read something about this on an email...she called her husband at work to give this a try( he is an auto mechanic with a since of humor).  She asked him if he would take the cell phone out to the suburban and she would click the unlock button on the remote to unlock the doors. He walked by the suburban and said ok try it...she did and he said wow that's cool it works!...she was screaming hey guys it works!  She said lock it up again I wanna try it again...he did and she tried it again...she asked...did it work?  He replied HELL no it doesn't work what's the matter with you.  Everyone was laughing at her.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

That's nothing! If you dial 666 * # and press send on any cell phone you can talk to dead people! There's even a true movie about it called "Cell Noise" that stars a friend of my sisters cousin's aunt

You can also REMOTE START ANY CAR by standing on the trunk with your pants dropped, hold your cell phone in the air shouting "I AM A PLEEB! THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOHTER!" I just tired it and it worked before they hauled me away
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

That's nothing!  If you dial 666 * # and press send on any cell phone you can talk to dead people!  There's even a true movie  about it called "Cell Noise" that stars a friend of my sisters cousin's aunt

You can also REMOTE START ANY CAR by standing on the trunk with your pants dropped, hold your cell phone in the air shouting "I AM A PLEEB!  THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOHTER!"   I just tired it and it worked before they hauled me away
ices_rofl.gif
ices_rofl.gif
jump9.gif

ices_rofl.gif

And I thought we had some smart people here.......roflmao.....how many fell for it...Im in trouble now....Im going to go and hide...
tounge.gif

And I thought we had some smart people here.......roflmao.....how many fell for it...Im in trouble now....Im going to go and hide...  
tounge.gif
yeah well...............Ya shoulda seen the looks people were giving me with me pointing my friggin cell phone at my door locks! Point a little closer Sled....nah...that aint it...maybe I'm too close...stand back a little.....maybe raise my attena...nope that didn't work either!

DORK!
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
A-hole......You had me and my Mom trying to get this thing to work......then after realizing that we been had, it was a hilarious laugh. YOU SUCK MAN!!!!!

tounge.gif
yeah well...............Ya shoulda seen the looks people were giving me with me pointing my friggin cell phone at my door locks!  Point a little closer Sled....nah...that aint it...maybe I'm too close...stand back a little.....maybe raise my attena...nope that didn't work either!

DORK!  
biggrin.gif
+1......I'm gonna get my girlfriend tonight. Can't wait till she gets home!!!!!

...snip....

You can also REMOTE START ANY CAR by standing on the trunk with your pants dropped, hold your cell phone in the air shouting "I AM A PLEEB!  THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOHTER!"   I just tired it and it worked before they hauled me away
now that is some funny shid....

Back