THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELLPHONE COULD DO...

(thismonsterlives @ Oct. 23 2006,12:22)
(thrasherfox @ Oct. 23 2006,15:13) Hmmm thats funny..

I just 1 hour ago had my co worker go stand by my truck in the parking lot. She called my work phone from my cell phone.

The truck is about a mile away and I am located inside of a solid brick shielded building with not windows.. and it worked fine..
Could it be because you were on a land line?  I tried cell phone to cell phone.  I'll try from a land line later today.
No. I am starting to think it was a bad test. I just pressed the unlock without being on the phone and walked outside and the truck was unlocked. so somehow or another the signal travles a mile through solid shielded brick lol

Ron...
all_coholic.gif
remember we did this test last year.... This does not work.

(AZIROC @ Oct. 23 2006,12:38) wtf is the UNLOCK button on a cell phone?
You dont have the Car remote unlock button on your phone?

How old is your phone!!! they started putting those on at least 2 years ago I think

(thrasherfox @ Oct. 23 2006,15:40)
(AZIROC @ Oct. 23 2006,12:38) wtf is the UNLOCK button on a cell phone?
You dont have the Car remote unlock button your phone?

How old is your phone!!! they started putting those on at least 2 years ago I think
+1

all_coholic.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 22 2006,18:51) What if you lock your keys in your Busa?

all_coholic.gif
I knew a blonde in a convertable that locked the keys in. Poor gal was stuck inside for hours!

As far as the code for the serial number, all you have to do is pop the back cover off and remove the battery. The ECN number is printed there and is unique to the phone.

Man, to think last time I locked my keys in my car I had to wait 3 hours for AAA to show up and let my wife out.
all_coholic.gif

(05 Busa LE @ Oct. 23 2006,06:21) Interesting ... how do you know all of this stuff?
It was an email swent to me at work from a buddy of mine who is the Network Administrator.

He tried to explain to me how it works. Used words like "frequency bandwidth" and others that I am only somewhat familar with. He said because the phones operate in a frequency bandwidth similar to the cell phones that the cell phones are working as an extension of your remote (radio waves not sound waves). That maybe explains why it works for some and not for others.

I posted this same thread on another forum and it seems just like here it does not work for the majority of those who try it. All I know is that it did work for me. Like I replied on the other forum I used two identical i90c Motorolas (Nextel). They are definitely "old school" phones.

thing i can make motorola cell phones do that verizon cripples, would make them want to lower my member rating to -1

Back