What was your previous Bike

Last bike I had was a 2001 Katana 750.  Nice starter bike.
That was my last bike, too! I still have it.. it's been passed down to the Mrs.~ She's doing great on it~ Took her first MSF Class on Tuesday and should be finishing it up this weekend~

Reason for jump to Busa; For me it was pretty much the same reason I went with the Kat (+ some)~ Comfort.. plain and simple~ I out grew the Kat in no time at all~ I wanted something with a bit more ponies~ I'm pretty partial to Suzuki, so it came down to the Gixxer 1k or the Busa~ Although the 1k had plenty in the upgraded ponies department, I didn't want to give up the comfort of the Kat~ So I took the Busa for a test ride (back in mid '03) and that was all it took... double the ponies and still a comfort to ride~ Plus I had to factor in my size... and age~ The Busa just fit me much better then the 1k did... and it's a little kinder on a 40y/o body~  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: "Just noticed the 2nd part of the lead post... doh!!"|1082076769 -->

Last bike I had was a 2001 Katana 750.  Nice starter bike.
That was my last bike, too! I still have it.. it's been passed down to the Mrs.~ She's doing great on it~ Took her first MSF Class on Tuesday and should be finishing it up this weekend~
Definitely a good bike, but short on power after you get used to ridin'! Also not a lot of accessories for it! Glad your wife is doing well on it! The MSF should give her a great base for safety!

Just previous to the busa I had a Yamaha YZF600 which was a replacement for another bike that had gotten stolen.

CBR600F3
Thousand Oaks HRC cams/head-p/p, valves, Carbon tail section painted to look stock. + lotsa $$$$$$$$$ invested. Good time though 121hp outta 600 in 98' Micron ti/carbon pipe

CBR600F3.jpg

and then a real sport bike
this is not actually mine, I had a 1127cc engine instead of the 1052cc, 4-1 hindle, K&N filters, what a bike.
I miss that one.
Broke that craankshaft:(

suz_gsxr1100_88_bikepics_36424.jpg

and then,
after the 2nd ride with my fixed 88 gixxer
I was racing a viper with my wife in the back.
Crankshatf broke again... again:angry:

And I got my first NEW bike.

Felt in love
blush.gif

richwheelie.jpg

My last bike before the Busa was, and still is, an '02 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior. I don't plan on ever getting rid of either of them. To me they are each the best in their class.

Back