Busa Exhaust question 06..

BusaBabe30

Registered
Hi,
First time with a post not sure if I am really doing it right but
was just wondering what type of exhaust system was stock on the 06 busa. Bike has single exhaust (bought it from a dealership, 2nd owner, not sure if it was a mod or what with previous owner) and I have an interest to put a dual on it.. want to know what I am working with first..

thanks

If its a single more than likely its a full system, pics would help out alot:poke: welcome to the best busa site btw!

Welcome to the .ORG. The stock bike came with dual pipes. Alot of people go with a single can full system to save weight. What kind of exhaust is on your bike? post pics if you can. aagin, Welcome. :)

Stock pic btw

t_898.jpg

Thanks.. well i dont have the pics on this comp..but right now its got a single micron exhaust system. I just didn't know if the headers were stocked with 4 into 1 or not ..or were they 4 into two and the prev owner made a change..i want a d and d dual exhaust really... :-)

A dual can aftermarket system will come with all things needed as well.
If you bought your bike from dealer and it has headers and single micron on it it now how does it run ?
Reason I ask is usually a full exhaust whether single or dual can will need some sort of tune or power commander device to make it run right ?
Does it have anything else on it ?

i am wondering if it was welded on the one side..i really dont know the bike has a singe micron exhaust def..i wish i had a picture to show you..i gotta get it broke apart i guess see whats going on :dunno:

FWIW... you will be better off with the Micron opposed to the D&D. It's just a better product. Providing it's a micron system and not just some fabbed up one side blocked off rig-o-majig.
As for the dual pipes...there are options there too as well.
I am not sure if anyone after martket other than HMF makes a full system dual kit for the Busa.
There are also ones like Georgia Busa called "slip-ons" or "bolt-ons"...strap-ons...whatever.
Either way you will have to completely replace what you have now to do so.
So...you can save some cash and get an OEM header/mids set used from another member here...then buy some bolt-ons (named so because they bolt directly to the OEM mid-pipes).
Or buy a full system (yes it all comes together when you order it that way). Our vendors are usually quite competitive with their pricing...an advantage tho is that you have support here opposed to some bulk warehouse internet based seller.

I myself had an HMF dual "low" kit (they come in high mount (up along the tail section) and low mount (stock location) versions.

As for additional tuning...a power commander is NOT required and any qualified wrench can tune your bike with a yosh box or similar and a dyno. My guy did it without the dyno ...but he knows busas 360*.

Take your time and lots of pics, they will server you well over time.

I myself just sold my Busa tonight (hardest thing I have had to do in a very long time) after 5 years & 1 month of nothing but pride!

good luck & happy rides.
:beerchug:

:welcome: i have a hmf high mount...soon as you post a pic we can usually tell you what you have and what your options are

Stock 4 into 2, to my knowledge only D&D uses a dual aftermarket setup, no real practical reason for this except of you like the look or sound of dual exhaust.

Stock 08' example, 06' would only look slightly different

pict5402ps6.jpg

Back