*** WHAT *** THE **********?!!!!!!!!

well if his dealer is just giving them 08's away tell him to call them and put me down for 1 or 2  
laugh.gif
Put me down for one also.

well...the new tail is...
puke.gif

I think someone should ride to zuk and biotch slap the hell out of the engineers and the bean counters for...

1-tail blows.
2-why the heck did they wait 10 years for ANY update.
 the busa should have been updated at least twice before this,
 come on...it came out in freakin' '99
3-motor should at least have been 1400cc

I'd still buy a new one though  
ThumbsUp.gif
 tail and all...

14 is a nice bike in it's own right

oh yeah BTW - my dealer can't keep a '08 busa on the floor

Gentltemen and Ladies,
I am fairly new here but I just sold my '01 Busa and just got the '08 Busa... and if my memory serves me correctly... Ever since the first Busa was introduced to the world, nobody really like the looks but as soon as it gained "Worldwide Notoriety", everybody seemed to start liking it! Honestly, the rear of the '08 is different but if you are buyng a bike just for the looks then maybe you should find another hobby because the sportbike industry is way more advanced than just looks alone...
I have been riding for more than 20 years and during this entire time, people always have to hate because of their negligence of knowledge. The '08 Busa is an awesome piece of machinery that has eveolved into the most talked about motorcycle in the world! The tail if you really give it some imagination resembles the GSXR tails that are basically race replicas! My advice to the Kawi (Or as we say here in Japan the "C*ck Suck*rs") riders: Get in line and prepare to follow as always! And while you have to disassemble half of your bike to change your clutch from trying to hang... I am out there hunting more victims in the twisties!

I hate to say it but why the question on the busa hatred when in the same thread and board there's countless put downs on the ZX-14 that's "ok'd"? Go to a harley board and you'll see slander on just about anything that isn't american v-twin'd and capable of speeds over 90mph. Some car forum lackies don't like bikes period. It's the internet and it's full of idiots that will spew venom behind a keyboard that they wouldn't even think of attempting in the slightest chance of face to face confrontations or debate. Best to just ignore them or, if your bored, enjoy beating them in online debate (ie board war) for comedy relief.

Talk of the new busa's improved bodywork (tail included) reminds me of a article i read in one of the brit mags today by a journalist who's worked for both the car and bike side. Good read on who's winning the technology advancement race between car and bike. While bikes, as shown in many tests at different courses, brutalize some of today's best supercars in performance, the cars are ahead in technology in terms of braking, suspension, traction control, and especially aerodynamics. He mentioned the only bike to make a giant leap in the aero dept and still holds the lead for bikes in that area is the Hayabusa. A proven design showing the hole you punch through the air is only as effective as how well the air goes around and closes behind the bike and rider. However Bikes are ahead in engine size/performance ratio and tire ability.

Arab/Isreali
Black/White
Hetero/Homo
Sun/Moon.....blah, blah, blah....it all boils down to respect for others. You either have it, or you're
a self centered piece of crap.
Busa, ZX-14, R1, Harley, Vespa...it's all 2 wheels....go ride.

Remember Satan has feelings too....
firedevil.gif

I can tell you that everyone coming into the UAE is sold before its uncrated,I suspect it'll be that way till may or june.

A lot of times the critics don't even have bikes themselves. That's called jealousy. Like "Do a burnout, I bet you can't even do one". They just want to see you tear your sh&t up. Tell them go get one and they like to look at and do all the burnouts they like. Oh! I forgot you don't have the money or credit to buy one, so F off.

LOL at this thread.

Guys - think we need to wake up a bit...

Sorry to shock you all - but the 'Busa has never been a looker... what difference does the rear end make...? It certainly looks nicer than the first gen bikes... LOL

If you want a "pretty" bike... try an MV Augusta or a Ducati 1098?

I bought mine 'cause it goes like stink and also goes round corners... the rest is just "dressing up"
rock.gif
??

Jza

Just as an observation, I've been going to the dealer for a couple months now to have a look at the new '08 Busas.  They never have one I can check out because they've always "just" sold it.  Dammit.  Know what else though?  The same ZX-14 has been sitting on the floor there every time I go there.

Eh.  I don't know the answer either except that I suspect that nobody wants to buy something and then feel like they made anything but the smartest of decisions.  Pride of ownership and all that.  If you buy a Chevy vs. a Ford, then you'll do anything to defend that decision.  Same thing with anything you buy.  It's always the greatest of decisions.

--Wag--
Not always true.  Case in point is KISS>  the disco album  You were made for loving me baby,  I was made for loving you.  You were made for loving me baby,  I was made for loving you  Lamb bought that album and never thought it was good.  Sorry about the bad analogy but Lamb is still bitter about the direction of that band even after 30 years.
flush.gif

offtopic.gif
Uhhh...Lamb. Either stop drinking or smoking OR start drinking or smoking.
rock.gif
Damn dude, you just threw me and everyone else a curve with that analogy which was wayyyyyyy out in left field.
whistling.gif
laugh.gif
Still funny as hell though...
corner2.png

He better get used to seeing the ugly tail since it will be the only thing he will get to see out of my bike... ;)
THIS is WHAT I'm talking about!! Busa? Kawa 14? It's really up to the rider at this point. Buy what you LIKE. These 2 bikes are so EVENLY matched for numbers,........that it takes a rider with the most skill to outperform the other bike. IF we have a "quarrel" to settle,.......take them to a road course. I will place my money on the man with the least amount of "chicken strips" on the rear tire. Whatch'all think??? Ride ON!!!
deadhorse.gif
Giddy-UP!!!!!!

Back