What is wrong with my GIPro?

Youkai

Registered
I have had my GiPro for about 2 months now and this is the first problem I have had. I free reved my bike almost to redline cause I was pissed at a drain service draining a swimming pool into the street after I just washed my bike.

When I parked, my GiPro displayed a "o" just the lower half of the unit even when the key was out of the ignition. For instance, 1st gear "1" my display "o". I disconnected power and now it shows a "C" with the ignition off. I looked in my instructions and nothing. What is this?

We will probably have to wait for the Professor on this one but it sounds like it is broke.
You are probably still under warranty.

Thats all bad, it us posted I want to get one but I don't want it if it's going to be a problem item

I remember reading in the instructions about manually setting the gears in case the giPro didn't "mesh" with your scoot. Try re-reading - I could be wrong.
As far as not buying a giPro because 1 guy out of 100 board members who have had them for over a year with 0 issues has a problem is as dumb as uhh well revving a $10000. motorcycle to the limit because your neighbor drained water into the street
poke.gif

(MoosesBusa @ May 18 2007,21:44) I remember reading in the instructions about manually setting the gears in case the giPro didn't "mesh" with your scoot. Try re-reading - I could be wrong.
As far as not buying a giPro because 1 guy out of 100 board members who have had them for over a year with 0 issues has a problem is as dumb as   uhh well revving a $10000. motorcycle to the limit because your neighbor drained water into the street  
poke.gif
That's right, you put it in learn mode I believe. It's in the manual, maybe that will help.
Also, IF his is broke it will be the first one I have heard of but electronics do fail sometimes if they didn't I wouldn't have had a job the last 35 years.
smile.gif

Here, i typed the directions for ya..... not responsible for mispellings or typos... i'm tired and used notepad to copy and paste....
beerchug.gif

1.  If you have a stand, raise the rear wheel off the ground.  Otherwise sit on the bike.
2.  Acivate the display.  Make sure that the side stand is up and the engine stop switch is in the RUN position.  Do not start the engine.
3.  Select Neutral
4.  Press the button and keep it depressed unil "L" (Learning) appears on the display.
5.  Relese the button.  If the gear box is in Neutral, "L" starts blinking and Auto-Learning procedure starts.
6.  After a few seconds, the next gear to be learned is blinking on the display (1,2,3,4,5,6).  Select the gear indicated on the display.
   In order to change gear with engine off, you may need to move the rear wheel back and forth while pushing the gear selector.  "L" is blinking
   while the selected gear is being learned.  Repeat this step until all gears have been learned.
   If you want to start over, press the button once and go back to step 3.
7.  If all six gears have been learned, "U" (Update) is blinking on the display for a few seconds.  If your bike has less than 6 gears, press and
   release the button.  The unit saves the new gear positions to flash memory then the display goes back to the normal position.

Well, after I typed this up I went to the bike and the GiPro now works fine. I just left it alone and the "C" disappeared. I test rode the bike and it works perfect again. I don't know what just happened, I will see if it does it again.

(MoosesBusa @ May 18 2007,22:44) I remember reading in the instructions about manually setting the gears in case the giPro didn't "mesh" with your scoot. Try re-reading - I could be wrong.
As far as not buying a giPro because 1 guy out of 100 board members who have had them for over a year with 0 issues has a problem is as dumb as uhh well revving a $10000. motorcycle to the limit because your neighbor drained water into the street
poke.gif
Ouch
wow.gif

Back