What is the K3 in GSX1300RK3?

Rocketman

Registered
Can someone tell me what the K3 designation is in GSX1300RK3?  I am ready to purchase and noticed this one particular bike, originally in Hawaii had this number in it.  It only has 500 miles on the bike and they are only asking $4500.  It's a 2003. (It's a cycletrader deal.)

Thanks for the help!

Shawn

<!--EDIT|shawn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081261244 -->

sounds like a scam dude... make sure you see, touch, taste, lick, and caress the bike.. as well as the clean title before you give the guy one cent.

check out this post

Thanks you guys. Ego - I was considering this as a potential scam since the price was so low. Thanks for the heads up. I'm with you.
race.gif

I agree with ego, sounds like a trap. Always get a phone number and try to set up a meeting to view the bike even if it's a bogus meeting. Listen for the person's response if they start making excuses about not being available to let you or someone else view the bike SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT!! I'd also have them email a pic of the vin # and research the vin online. Check them out man!

If the Price is too good to be True... IT IS!!!! There are no free rides... Be Alert...

I bought mine from the dealer and the model is GSX1300RK3 on documentation... I asked what K3 was and as others have said, I was told it means 2003. Doesn't make it a legit sale though
smile.gif
But also, like they say, it may be a scam if the price is that low.
wow.gif

Check them out! It does sound way too good to be a legit deal!

I'm asking them to get pic's of the vin so I can check out who owns it for sure. He gave a story about his wife crashing on a bike and didn't want anything more to do with bikes... I know I know... I'm trying to be careful. But if it checks out... that's a helluva deal.

I'm asking them to get pic's of the vin so I can check out who owns it for sure.  He gave a story about his wife crashing on a bike and didn't want anything more to do with bikes... I know I know... I'm trying to be careful.  But if it checks out... that's a helluva deal.
Just don't get impetuous, impatient, and BROKE all at the same time. Just be careful dude, and if it works out...GOOD ON YA!'

Brian

Good advice everyone. I'll keep you posted on what happens.
You see, I have to get a busa as a stress relief valve, an escape, a place to go when I have put in too many long days on the job. As a business owner, it's real easy to do. Forturnately, My very nervous, understanding, and beautiful wife thinks this will be good therapy. So my little family and I are having a blast shopping, looking at pics, and trying to find the right busa for the right money.

Yeah baby yeah! You all - rock. Thanks for the support.

I agree with what has been said, K3 means 2003. Also 4500$ sounds to cheap that sounds like a scam.

It is a big scam even if he did not want anything to do with it he could easily get 7k or 8k without any problem for an 03 with only 500 miles. I cant see any one throwing away 2k just to get rid of his bike because he is scared of it.

Shawn, do yourself a favor and go get a new one.
Why would you ever want someone else to have been on your girl?
Once you own your Busa you will know exactly what I mean.
Plus there is no risk with buying new.

Buying new is definitely preferable but if the bike only has 250 miles on it for $5k and is legit, would you take it? It's a beautiful bike and I have the Vin for it now. I know what you're saying about the issues... <wince> New is better but man - think of the money I'd have to polish it up, change out the turn signals, etc.

I should be able to check with the dmv regarding the vin and find out if he's the real owner, right? If he's the real-deal...??

Sounds like a scam, BUT, you never know. I have a few friends that when they grow tired or want something else they sell cheap. Real cheap.

Be careful.

Shawn
How did you get the vin # did you talk to the guy or did he send the picture of it? Like what has been said before have the seller take a picture of the bike with a word made up (by you) on a piece of paper that will tell you if he even has the bike. If he has it take a flight to where the bike is a look at it. If it is legit it is worth a plane ticket to save that kind of money. Or try to find someone on this board that is close and have them check it out for you.

Back