What is the fair out the door price for 2011 Busa?

pasad01

Registered
I am looking to purchase a new 2011 Busa and wanted to know what is the fair price to pay for it out the door. I would put around 10k down and finance remainder.

I'm in south central VA. 2 of my friends bought 2011's in last few months for $12400 and $12100 out the door.

apparently it depends on where you live, in Southern California if you can get it out the door for MSRP consider yourself lucky.

All depends on supply, demand, yours and the dealers negotiating position and ability. A fair price is whatever you they agree to sell it for and you agree to pay.

As an example, I bought my 2008 in 2008 for $10,500 out the door at a time when most were selling for $11K or more, many for MSRP and quite a few were selling at a premium above MSRP.

I did several things to manage the lowest price possible:

1) Contacted over 15 dealers, asking them for their best price on the spec I wanted. Only got about 5 interested responses. Guess most of them figured if I was already looking for a good price, they didn't want to compete. Guess business was good for them.
2) Had patience. I waited until the GenII buying frenzy settled, over a year after it came out.
3) Had patience. I also waited until AFTER the end of the riding season.
4) Had patience. I simply did not rush the buying process. Actually put a deposit on one bike and then another dealer made the better offer about a week later. Checked it out, it held water and I abandoned dibs on the first bike and they even gave me back my non-refundable deposit without issue.
5) When talking price, make them "go first". You say "What is the BEST price you can do for me on that spec?" THen, and this is VERY important: STFU!!! No matter how awkward that silence gets, DO NOT OPEN YOUR MOUTH! This forces them to say something. If they make "hem's an haw's", doesn't matter. Wait until they give you a number. Once they do, it's almost certain they can go lower than that, but the important thing is you now have a ceiling.
6) Do not discuss individual prices for tax, title, tags, etc. Discuss only the total amount that you will pay them. They can use those dollars for whatever they need to, be it paying for the stock or covering fees or paying employees to setup the bike. It doesn't matter and they know that, so be sure to make it clear that you are talking "out the door" price to keep it simple.

Every market has it's own high and low prices, depending on supply and demand, but if you play the game well, you'll get the best price in any given market.

Best of luck!

apparently it depends on where you live, in Southern California if you can get it out the door for MSRP consider yourself lucky.

+1, prices vary depending on where you live. Unfortunately in alot of cases, the money you'de save from buying from a far away dealer is lost in shipping or travel costs. But there have been posts of northern VA and MD dealers charging $13500. You can drive 3 to 4 hours south and save yourself $1500, so it is worth looking around.

Got mine one month ago for $14,000 OTD with $600 extended five year warranty in queens / brooklyn border in New York. Good Luck HURRY weather is getting better. All dealers around me only had one left some had none, they said due to Japan earthquake.

Financed 10,800 and got a free 300 dollar helmet for an 09 bought last Oct. I had been looking at the bike for four months off and on. Sales were slow and it was the fall so I got a good price.

I live in Florida and i have seen dealer asking prices from $11,899 up to $13,699.00. I am hoping to get it for 12k out the door with the money i am planning on putting down.

Thanks everyone for your .02

When I purchased, I went to Suzuki's web site and entered my zip. Then I started calling dealers, starting with the closest and then dialing down the list. Eventually I got a good deal about 110 miles from home, gave a Visa deposit over the phone, drove down the next day and had a Busa on the back of my truck. :cheerleader:

If you live in FL there are quite a few dealers. Be sure to look around. I did my search in FL at a 200 mile radius from where I live. You can really save some money by checking around.

:thumbsup:

Check multiple dealers. Some dealers will practically give the bike away, while others want a fortune. It seems to just depend on when you call them. Good Luck!

Here in the prairies of Canada, a dealer ordered me a 2011... ended up wanting 17500 OTD... they can keep it. After a price like that, I'm really satisfied with my '06.

a big hello from India, busa rider myself, gen11, 2010 , prices in india range aroung 30k USD ...u guys are lucky :)

Call Honda East in Toldeo, Ohio. You will be glad you did.

All depends on supply, demand, yours and the dealers negotiating position and ability. A fair price is whatever you they agree to sell it for and you agree to pay.

As an example, I bought my 2008 in 2008 for $10,500 out the door at a time when most were selling for $11K or more, many for MSRP and quite a few were selling at a premium above MSRP.

I did several things to manage the lowest price possible:

1) Contacted over 15 dealers, asking them for their best price on the spec I wanted. Only got about 5 interested responses. Guess most of them figured if I was already looking for a good price, they didn't want to compete. Guess business was good for them.
2) Had patience. I waited until the GenII buying frenzy settled, over a year after it came out.
3) Had patience. I also waited until AFTER the end of the riding season.
4) Had patience. I simply did not rush the buying process. Actually put a deposit on one bike and then another dealer made the better offer about a week later. Checked it out, it held water and I abandoned dibs on the first bike and they even gave me back my non-refundable deposit without issue.
5) When talking price, make them "go first". You say "What is the BEST price you can do for me on that spec?" THen, and this is VERY important: STFU!!! No matter how awkward that silence gets, DO NOT OPEN YOUR MOUTH! This forces them to say something. If they make "hem's an haw's", doesn't matter. Wait until they give you a number. Once they do, it's almost certain they can go lower than that, but the important thing is you now have a ceiling.
6) Do not discuss individual prices for tax, title, tags, etc. Discuss only the total amount that you will pay them. They can use those dollars for whatever they need to, be it paying for the stock or covering fees or paying employees to setup the bike. It doesn't matter and they know that, so be sure to make it clear that you are talking "out the door" price to keep it simple.

Every market has it's own high and low prices, depending on supply and demand, but if you play the game well, you'll get the best price in any given market.

Best of luck!

This is the practice I use, with one addition. I walk into the dealer with a firm thought in my head. "There's NO WAY this :moon:clown is going to sell me a bike today". That way if thier number isn't close to what I want I am completely willing to walk out the door. Suzuki made more than one, and there is more than one dealer!

Good Luck! :beerchug:

Back