Changing a windscreen on a 2011 Busa???

Cyberthug

Registered
I want to change my windscreen on my 2011 busa to the Zero Gravity DB. It looks fairly simple, however, I've heard it can be a little complicated. What is the step by step process for changing it?

Going by memory here:

Remove the two allen heads in the crush sleeves, one on each side above the mirror.
Reach inside and remove the two push pins.
Carefully work the crush sleeve out of the hole, it helps if you can wiggle your pinky finger in there and push out as you pull.
Windscreen should pull straight out.
The new one may be a tad tight going in, or it could squeak. Put a little tape on the tabs before you insert the new one to prevent the squeaking.
Once you get the new screen in place, push back in the crush sleeves, insert allen head and snug it up, you dont have to crank it super tight.
Re-insert push pins, and done.
Take picture and post on the oRg.

Thats pretty much it in a nut shell... :thumbsup:

Alot of people have had to get a second person to assit with the install especially with the Puig.
But they are the best once fitted... :beerchug:

Easy peasy, take your time and do not force it! It helps if you are in a warm garage or outside in ambient temps as the lexan can be a little difficult when it's cold.

I had a hard time putting my Puig in the first time, but I have had it off a few more times and it goes in like butter now.

Yeap me too... I guess Puig windscreen is slightly thicker than the rest.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322581434.939889.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322581462.446241.jpg

I must be doing something wrong. I can't seem to get those rubber crush nuts out. I was pulling so hard that the rubber is starting to tear and split.I tried some lube, as well. I didn't pull the push pins though, does that make a difference?

any advice to get those rubber nuts out, would be deeply appreciated.
thanks

Use a pair of needle nose pliers. Carefully slide one end under and outside of grommet then down into hole in fairing and let the other end go inside of grommet. Grab the rubber grommet, pull a little on it and then grab more of it, pull a little more out and grab some more of it. As you work it out continue to grab/hold onto more and more of it out. It will come.

Take out the push pins and pull the rubber nuts out from the inside. Much easier than trying to pull them out from the outside.

Yep, I take the bolts and washer off and push the well nuts in from the outside.

A little silicone spray and an extra person makes one easier to get on. I seriously thought I had the wrong shield at first! Do a search and the thread should pop up

Back