what is it that you love about racing??

justa-busa-girl

Registered
wether its drag racing or other types of racing, why do you love it??
It seems like everyone i talk to about racing my bike always askes me why do you like it??? this is what i love about it, when im waiting my turn in line to ride up to the tree my heart starts to pound, as i get closer i smell the smoke of the bike ahead of me doing his burn out, then as i do my burn out and inch up to the tree i feel my boots stick to the strip, now i get in position and set my rpm,s and trip the lights. The guy beside me gets to take off first cause hes slow:laugh: my third amber comes on and im off, this is the part i LOVE chasing down they prey, god i love that feeling just pulling him in. Its like the busa has a heart and soul and will do what ever it takes to catch him. I JUST LOVE IT!!!:cheerleader:

oh boy touchie feelie time :laugh: j/k

There's so much about it not just the actual action but everything that leads up to it. It's having that mission/passion/desire of always pushing for more. People may have different passions but I think most can appreciate our focus. When people look at me bewildered I just tell them it's a zen/chi thing. If you have to ask, you haven't found it yet. :welcome:

I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel,

Wind in my hair ---
Shifting and drifting ---
Mechanical music ---
Adrenalin surge ---

Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Drive like the wind
Straining the limits of machine and man

WOW sounds like song lyrics:whistle:

(One of the songs in the RUSH medley I play)

Last edited:
Racing for me is more than just the 9 sec spent on the track. For me, racing is about the people. I enjoy the friends I have. I also enjoy watching the people in the stands place their bets.

Then there is the feeling of the launch. The feather-light tough that is needed to keep the bike from looping. The challenge of a good grudge race, and the bragging rights that come with it.

For me, racing is a complete experience. I have a few trophies, but none of them can express the feeling while at and on the track.

Back when I raced mustangs it was the work that went into it, just knowing that come Sunday when I am sitting there watching the tree drop letting go of the trans brake that I am gonna get a good look at the sky and at that moment it is all that matters.

No phone calls, no dog barking, no traffic lights, just me the car and 1/4 strip of track. 8 seconds late its all over then back to changing plugs adjusting valves, putting ice in the intercooler, checking tire pressure. All so you can go to the next round and do it again.

Well that and chicks dont care who built the car, just who drives it!!!

I watch pretty much any kind of racing that there is. if ESPN televised tiller racing or lawn mower racing, i would watch it. It's enjoyable to me to watch people compete with machines, plain and simple. Whether it be building a 10,000 hp car that runs the 1/4 mile in under 4 seconds or an F1 car that winds up to 22,000 rpm or the hillbillies who have converted a riding lawn mower into a 70 mph racing machine....

It's just a great way for me to relax and enjoy the relationship between man and machine.

i like it specially when is good competition.
i like it because they push it to the limit.
i like it because not everyone is qualify to do so.
i like it because of sound of high performance engines, the handling, the technology etc..etc.. they have on those race cars/motorcyles!
i like it because i do mostly have a favorite rider or driver that keeps me watching the races!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Its all for me. When I go to a car/bike show and look around and I know that I have mabye THE Fastest vehicle there, That it self is a high. Also the rush of the power when I twist the throttle is sickning. The whole thing is just a huge high for me. When I race anyone and loose sight of them in my side view mirror, or when Im crusing home from the beach at 60 mph. Its all a rush.:beerchug:

The great poeple you meet at the track, the sweet smell of rubber and race fuel mixing together, the thrill of pushing for the perfect light,the constant rush of trying to get a new best 60,ET, or mph,and that feeling you get when you know you just made the perfect pass-until the next time....:thumbsup:

The people smell race gas +rubber its like having your own rollercoaster ride.
I get A Rush from it .I like 2 win also only won like $300 last season I intend win over 2 grand this year bracket racing.I spent little time+$$ getting this bike set up 4 big buck bracket races.

11ig1tt.jpg

iydjx2.jpg

vo3ek4.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't been on the strip much with two wheels, but when it comes to my Mustang, there is nothing like putting the pedal to the floor, releasing the trans brake, and seeing the sky on the way to a 1.40 -60", and high 9 to low 10 second 1/4 mile times. I love the look on peoples faces when they go for a ride in a true 10.0 car, even though they all know someone who's car runs faster :)

everything, the rush, the thrill, all of it, the best drug ever:thumbsup:

Because I am close, so very close....on the edge ... my arms ache, my eyes are bouncing, the straightaway comes through the shield like I'm looking into a tunnel..you're watching the tach, then the markers ..you think I can outbreak him I can can hold this line on the inside...sometimes you do and good things happen, sometimes you don't..then bad things happen. Good leathers, a good handling bike and a chance to compete that was what it was all about back in the day. The memories and sittin' around the fire tellin' lies is almost as good as what the racin' was! I salute you young ladies and men for taking up the cause and lighteniing them up! :beerchug: See you in the pits. Wardie

Back