What do You Love About Motorcycle Riding ?

couldent imagine not riding, been doing it since i was in 5th grade. When i was a kid on saturday mornings about 8 of us local kids would all met up and ride our dirt bikes together on the trails around where we lived.

I still feel just the same when i met up in the morning with my busa brothers for a ride in the hills where we live, i feel just like a kid everytime and it takes all my troubles away:cheerleader:

Let me think on this...

Oh, yea. Payments, insurance and license fees.

Increase in Credit Card balance....priceless.

Yea, that's it alright.

r8

Takes me to that happy place I enjoy when flying helicopters. The sense of power is great and the feel of speed is impeccable. I have started to place more emphasis on handling and putting the bike where I want it to be and get a tremendous amount of joy when I achieve that!

It’s like being with the wrong woman. You shouldn’t be on it, it is not the right thing to do, but gosh it is a lot of fun. Jay Leno regarding his jet engine powered motorcycle.

You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out, than most people do in a lifetime. Bert Munro in the World’s Fastest Indian

For me the thrill of motorcycling is the idea that I can control, or influence, or overcome fate with only my skills. It pits my skill and abilities against the chances of crashing and being hurt or killed. There are 2 components to having my busa. Being able to ride it and being able to fix it without letting it kill me. If I don’t fix it exactly right then it will disintegrate and kill me. This bike requires exact tolerances in everything about it, or it will explode at high speed. Mastering building it, and driving it, does it all for me.

Its just me my machine and the road.. No wife with a honey do list, no custoemrs calling setting up impossable drop off times, no noise of a aircompressor running in the back ground, no tracking down a elec problem on a 2o year old bike.. Just me the bike the road and the wind through my open visor. Yeah nothing better..

I love being naked in the wind!

Ride-naked-md.jpg

.....did I say that out loud.:whistle:

all i can say is ahhhhh, im in heaven on my bike, all the stresses of my life are gone .My husband who im not sure will see the next riding season is right in front of me and i watch his back tire lean around a corner and i know he feels like he is flying just like i do. I smell smells that i could never smell in a car, i feel the fear sometimes that i never feel in a car, I pull up to the tree at the drag races and smell smells that i never smell when in a car, and feel my boots stick to the track.. I am in heaven on my bike!!!! im alive when i ride.

Being with friends, or sometimes alone, not having to think about all the problems of daily life, its a feeling of total peace for me, no worries. :) yeah, I need to go ride. :D

all i can say is ahhhhh, im in heaven on my bike, all the stresses of my life are gone .My husband who im not sure will see the next riding season is right in front of me and i watch his back tire lean around a corner and i know he feels like he is flying just like i do. I smell smells that i could never smell in a car, i feel the fear sometimes that i never feel in a car, I pull up to the tree at the drag races and smell smells that i never smell when in a car, and feel my boots stick to the track.. I am in heaven on my bike!!!! im alive when i ride.

Very.....well.....put!:thumbsup:

The motor revs loudly
widens my smile
the take off as I push back the kickstand
and I feel the engine vibrating throughout my body
igniting adrenaline
the wind blowing past me as I zip and fly down the pavement
its all a rush I feel so free
like nothing can touch me,even the police chasing me
like im sailing through the atmosphere
the speed makes my heart pound a little faster
makes my stomach sink like an anchor
then reel back in
as I feel as if I would just fall off the back
nervous?
just a little
scared?
no way
it breathes new life into me
its a ride I never want to end
a seat I never want to departure from
a freedom I don't want to be leashed
as I close my eyes
hold on tight
and enjoy my 2008 hayabusa ride
its a bird
its a plane
its Billy

I enjoy riding my '05 Harley wide glide kickin back, enjoying the different scene
and lifestyle that goes along with it, feels good to own one of the bikes I
always wanted my whole youth.....most of my buddies now own Harleys now as well.

Then .....when i need to get somewhere fast or feel like getting a little stupid
I break out the Busa and go tear ass through the streets. I just feel more in
control of the speed and agility on it then the Harley. It's like drinking a Red Bull
vs a Beer.

The funny thing is I grew up in the late 80's and early 90's around metal and Harleys.
That was the lifestyle I chose......and I ended up buying a Hayabusa before I got my Harley. lol
I was frowned upon for it.....lol

Last edited:
Among all the other foregoing reasons... This Family.

:beerchug:

I liken motorcycling to sea-faring terms. In our lives, we are all members of a ship's crew. We all do our part to make the ship work well and go where the commanding officer directs. It's highly functional and has worked for ages. On any given ship, there is only one commanding officer. When I ride, I am the captain of my very own ship. I am responsible for every system, navigation, movement, preparedness, if and when I turn, and if and when I go home. It's a feeling of being in charge. Who doesn't love that?

:bowdown:

and if life's a ship....."I'm in the engine room...." :super:

Back