what HP can I expect?

myfirstbusa

Registered
I have my K9 Busa and have decided on Brocks Short Meg full system, BMC filter, power commander, and new plugs. She already has 11K miles on her. If I run Allison Aircraft 0W20 oil, lube the heck out of the chain, run 30 psi in the rear tire, and strap the ass down, what do you guys think I can pull on the dyno? I'm aiming to beat a 14. That's why I'm asking. Thanks.

I'd say 250 atleast :laugh:

J/K man are you getting it tuned? If so its all in the hands of the tuner. But look for 180-190 you should be happy none the less :thumbsup:

All of your mods sound ok,,,If you are rideing a 2009 hayabusa,,even bone stock,,the stats say that it IS a quicker bike,,,,but it depends on 2 things IMO,,,,,His mods are to be considered,,,but either way,,you do have the edge eeven if your 09 was stock,,,,The main factor is gonna be the obvious,,,,Can YOU ride,,,if you know how to launch that bike successfully,that 1400 ninji will only be a lettle dot in your rear view mirror,,,,,,be safe,,,not reckless,,and have a good time,,let us know the results,and Keep the rubber side down,,,,IMO,,,he doesnt have enough bike [mechanicaly speaking],,but in reality,,,when 2 bikes are that close ,,It will usualy come down to the rider,and who gets who at the tree,,,best wishes andIve not heard about that oil either,,,thats why I didnt comment on it,,,,alot of guys are running a ton of different synthetics,,different types and brands weights ect,,,,,,,,,,Im still running conventional suzuki 10-40 and sometimes in NM where I live I may { the manual suggests it ] will run 20-50....but 10-40 is my choice of personal preference,,{ keep the snickering down boys LOL,,,,} You also mentioned straping down the rear[ Iknow they do on the dyno,] but you may want to strap the front end down if you plan on launching it,,,straps are cheap,,less than 30 bucks

Last edited:
185-195 depending on how happy the dyno is. Same mods on mine, when I only had 2000 miles on the bike, I pulled 189. Good luck!

Is this a dyno war or a real race...?

It all depends on the tune and dyno for peak numbes... :poke:

dyno shootout. He only put down 173.38hp. And that was with him strapped down. Mine stock did 166.43 and they didn't/wouldn't strap it down. They said it didn't need strapped down. In reality, I found out, they knew the guy with the 14 and wanted him to get the cash. I'm wondering what kind of gain strapping me down would've done.

Look into flashing, my tuner told me it makes more hp than a pc, 08 here 187.5 hp @ 109.87 lbs torque, with just a pipe, filter and tune...:thumbsup:

Look into flashing, my tuner told me it makes more hp than a pc, 08 here 187.5 hp @ 109.87 lbs torque, with just a pipe, filter and tune...:thumbsup:

I think the tuner might be having a wild dream here :banghead: If the A/F settings are the same the result will be the same. Pump the rear tyre up from 30 Psi to 40 Psi on the dyno then strap it down and that will increase the reading guaranteed :beerchug:

OB_Boss, timing could effect hp eh? unless you buy an add on PC box, pretty sure no timing could be changed standard power commander.

Back