dyno'd... but numbers weren't great

myfirstbusa

Registered
So I went to a dyno shootout Thursday night... lubed chain like crazy.. got the tire sticky.. oil was warm.. coolant temp was down.. mr12 was in the tank.. had them run it up the rpm's 3 times.. 181.. 183.. 184. Thought I might be closer to 190. Should I be happy with this number with pc5, Brock's short meg, bmc race filter, Alysin 0w20 full synthetic, and mr12? I haven't had the bike dyno tuned. She's running solely on the map that Brock's sent in the pc5.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'de say it sounds close, maybe a few hp low. Dynos and operators vary, as well as conditions, air temp, humidity, elevation. Bike's themselve vary also(as well as cars), some are just stronger than others. I wouldn't run the 0w oil long term either.
If you're happy with how your bike performs, that's all that matters. If the bike is good, the dyno sheet is just a piece of paper with numbers on it. A good reference point and a tool for those looking to squeeze out every little bit they can, which is only really noticeable for racers fighting the clock.:beerchug:

Yeah... just thought the mr12 might do a little more. It for sure gave me more power... as is evident by all the tread lost from the 20 or so rolling burnouts;) I've had the 0w20 oil in for about 2,200 miles. Will I see ill effects?
Posted via Mobile Device

on a separate note... there was a '10 BMW S1000rr with a full Akra, filter, and a "fuel tuner", as he called it.... it only did 171 on 110 octane race gas. He was in a fit of rage claiming that the dyno was wrong and that he had just done 185 and 188 at the last 2 dyno's in the previous 2 weeks. So, the way I see it... If I find the last dyno he was on I could be 201!!!! Lmao :rofl:

ysi I have no clue. I just filled her up and ran it. I have a date with the dyno owner and we're gonna toy with different fuels to see what results we can come up with.

Yeah... just thought the mr12 might do a little more. It for sure gave me more power... as is evident by all the tread lost from the 20 or so rolling burnouts;) I've had the 0w20 oil in for about 2,200 miles. Will I see ill effects?
Posted via Mobile Device

Personally wouldn't trust oil that thin to protect the engine long term, daily driving, normal abuse, hard riding.

on a separate note... there was a '10 BMW S1000rr with a full Akra, filter, and a "fuel tuner", as he called it.... it only did 171 on 110 octane race gas. He was in a fit of rage claiming that the dyno was wrong and that he had just done 185 and 188 at the last 2 dyno's in the previous 2 weeks. So, the way I see it... If I find the last dyno he was on I could be 201!!!! Lmao :rofl:

Word up. Fact, put a liter bike up against a Busa on the same dyno, same day with equal mods, and the Busa will put out more hp. :bowdown:

110 octane hurt his hp unless he was running more compression than stk.

110 octane hurt his hp unless he was running more compression than stk.

I agree!

You should have told the Beemer guy you were only using 87 octane and would have made at least 20 more HP with 110! :rofl:

93 would make more power than 110 on a stock motor. 110 needs more timing and compression to be beneficial. The 110 burns slower,that's why you can run more timing. If it weren't for detonation 87 would make more power. I worked for John Reed at Reed cams and he 'splained all this to me when I thought higher octane was better.

i'm just glad we have std 95 and 99 at UK pumps, downside is the high price we pay.

wouldn't want to put anything less than 95 in my tank

Ya mine with pump gas, Ti-force full TI system 4-2-1 and ECU tune and 20/50 oil pulled 184 which most say is low on Ryan's Dyno....

Back