fuel question for dyno guys

myfirstbusa

Registered
There's a dyno shootout coming up and I was edged by a 14 last year! I did 166.45 stock.. he did 173.88 with pc3, brock's short meg system, and bmc filter. I've since done the same mods along with Alysin 0W20 full synthetic... my question is about fuel. My 09 Busa is has the pc5, Brock's short meg full system, and BMC filter. It's tuned for 89 octane BP gas. This is what Brock's says gives me the most power. I want to run mr12 racing fuel and was wondering what you guys think. VP fuels says it should be good for 5-10 rwhp on the dyno with a new map from Brock's. Coming in at $189 for 5 gallons delivered to my door step is kinda shocking... but I guess you pay to play! What do you dyno guys like when it comes time to lay down the numbers?

so you want to pay almost 200 bucks to just say you had more hp on a dyno vs someone else? Is there some kinda prize or something?? If you just want to make dyno numbers there are a few things to help influence your dyno numbers.

btw, good choice on the oil brand :thumbsup:

Be careful with racing fuel...you could do some serious damage to your bike if you do not use it right and flush the system afterwards.
Posted via Mobile Device

Commuta Busa... $250 cash and pride! haha. BA BUSA.. I have read and read about getting it out of the tank ASAP after use. I'm gonna use one of Brock's maps for what I'm doing. Only thing I find odd.... VP Racing Fuel tech guy said to make sure I remove my BMC filter before running on the dyno. Isn't my filter already flowing a ton over stock? Can removing a race filter make that big of a difference on the dyno?

On another note... I won't win the whole shebang... there's a 154" S&S Streetglide putting down a rumored 232rwhp that's supposed to show up. I know the guy who's supposedly bringing it. He had an 08 Streetglide last year that put down 203rwhp.... without spray!!

well since there's some cash to win... toss your airfilter out, clean you spark plugs, lube your chain and keep it on the loose side, make sure they strap the swing arm down and not just the subframe. Make sure your oil is up to temp about half an hour before hitting the dyno. Keep the bike turned off as long as possible so the coolant temps are low. Run with a full tank of whatever gas.

As for mapping, Brocks maps are more real world and drag opriented. They may not make the highest numbers on a dyno. Any VP oxy fuel will give you some dyno hp without any fuel map changes.

There's probably a few more things I'm over looking... but good luck.

no one offers a max hp dyno only map. I would stick with the map you have just fill the tank with oxy gas.

after some confirming research... you, sir, are correct. Thanks Commuta_Busa for the input. I was told 3-6rwhp with mr12 and current Brock's map. Hopefully all the other tid bits mentioned above will pay off as well

Back