exhaust and pc3

blackbullet

Registered
I am ordering my brocks short meg or alien head exhaust this week. Is it easy to install yourself? Any helpful hints that i should be aware of? Also, I'm going to get a pc3 with it. What do these normally run? I saw on brocks website that you can buy them there for $350...is that a reasonable price?

Mine is arriving today. I wont be putting it on for a while...wanting to get more the 9 miles currently on The Project before I start adding all the parts I have rollinig in.

I went with the Street Meg 20" in black.

Take pics of the install:beerchug:

s13-smeg_150.jpg

yeah i bought mine in january and i have 2300 miles on it now. what would be best to go with, the pc3 or pc5? mine is a daily driver, dont really do drag racing or that much track time

Lots are flashing their ECU. Instead of adding a PC they are adjusting the bikes computer with different variants...you can do alot more changes than just fuel. But the tuner has to know what they are doing.

do a search for "flashing ECU"

$350 is overpriced for a PCIII even if it comes with a preloaded MAP> Do a little research ECU flashing is real popular around here>As for myself I'm happy with my PCIII :thumbsup:

Yeah I dont know what im doing lol so that might not be the route for me to take

Even if you get a PC to see the best results it will need to be tuned by a shop. The generic maps are good starting points. Each bike is different.

What state are you in?...maybe someone can point you to a good tuner in your area. Or in your searching you may locate one who is reputable.

Your best bet is to ask questions on the Org. There is a lot of knowledge in these folks.

Yeah everyone has been real helpful on here for other stuff that Ive asked about. I know there is that performance shop in austin, I just cant think of the name of it

Yeah that was the shop name I was thinking off. I will just get in contact with him and see what he would recommend tuner wise. But for the exhaust install, is the brocks exhaust pretty straight forward? Any thing that I need to be aware of when installing? Do you normally put any kind of lock tight for the bolts holding the header in?

Back