How loud is the Alien Head vs the Street Meg?

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Just looking at Brocks site it seems that Short Meg system has some sort of baffle while the Alien Head does not.

Does anybody know how these things compare in the sound department?

Edit, Sorry I wrote the wrong pipe name in the topic. It should be Alien Head VS SHORT Meg.

The Alien head is LOUD,pipefighter has a clip of the other one I think somewhere in a post here.

The Alien head is LOUD,pipefighter has a clip of the other one I think somewhere in a post here.
thumb_up.gif

HERE is the videos that I put up.
Mainly the street megaphone.

Just looking at Brocks site it seems that Short Meg system has some sort of baffle while the Alien Head does not.

Does anybody know how these things compare in the sound department?

Edit, Sorry I wrote the wrong pipe name in the topic. It should be Alien Head VS SHORT Meg.
Alienhead does have a baffle. It is not removable like the street megaphone and the short megaphone.
I would say that the short is louder, and if not loud enough you can always remove the baffle.

Thanks for the link to the videos. Its hard to tell just how loud they are though. I wish I could find somebody around here who has a set of Alien Heads or Shortmegs on their bike.

Anybody around Greenville SC with a set of either of these pipes?

Street megaphone is pretty loud. Like you said can't tell from the videos.
Without the baffle is extremely loud. Probably too much for the street(guess about the same as a loud Harley), but I've been known to ride it that way.

According to Brocks, the Alien Head is slightly louder but the ShortMeg has a deeper tone. Love the looks and sound of my ShortMeg!
super.gif

IMG_1287.JPG

I emailed Brock about this. This is the response I got for those that are interested.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>

Brandon, the short meg and the alien head are the same pipe, the only difference is that the alien head is smashed into the alien head shape and the short meg has a removable baffle and the alien head does not. Because of this sound level is almost exactly the same, not enough difference to hear. So you should go with the one that you like the look of better. Both pipe are quite a bit louder than the street megaphone because they are smaller and don't have as much room for packing. If they are too loud for you, we do sell a noise reduction plug for them that helps with the noise a little. If you have any other questions let me know.
Thanks,
Steve[/quote]

I've got the regular SMEG and a friend has the Alien head, both are pretty loud. You would have to have a decible meter to really tell the difference at full song?? Im in hendersonville NC, been trying to get to Greer when time permits to take it for a run.

Back