temporary change in plans...

myfirstbusa

Registered
Looks like I'm gonna be waiting a long while for the estate to close so I'm not going with a turbo at the moment. I know what kit I want and what motor work, just don't have the $11k in cash to do it right now, not til I get the big check. So, as a temporary alternative to add a little more power I went with a Brock's Short Meg full system, PC5, BMC filter, new plugs, and Alysin 0W20 aircraft oil, which requires an additive. I'm also dropping the old girl with a Brock's top clamp that will take her down 3/4" up front and Brock's fully adjustable lowering links that drop her anywhere from 0-2" out back. Also highly considering a Macintosh 2-8" swingarm and double bubble windscreen. And she's getting murdered. Something has always grabbed my inner dark side when I see nothing but flat black. She should be done by next weekend. Anyone know what I should expect on the dyno? I'm hoping to beat the guy's 14 with the same mods. He only put down 179rwhp at it's best. I've been told I should see between 180-185. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Jeff

the guy doing the work to mine has an 08 14 and he gained 5 hp on the dyno with the oil. He talked to the guys at Brock's and they said it's ok to run. So, why not gain the 5 hp?!

definitely not aircraft oil, at least not the stuff we use, lol. mil-prf-5606 i think... meh, maybe that's hydraulic fluid. don't have my books right now...

ok, so I just rode the Busa home from my guy's garage... WOW!! I didn't expect that much of a power difference. It's not stretched or lowered yet, but the PC5, BMC filter, Brock's Short Meg, and Alysin oil made a huge difference. Going along in 2nd gear cruising at 90 I snapped the right hand and she looked skyward! I just became more addicted to this damn bike...

Back