What HID kits do yall light for the GEN 1?

teezy

Registered
Im looking on ebay and see kits starting at $30.00!! I wont normaly look at kits that cheap but I have notice that alot of things people like for Busas are the cheaper version Ebay offers that work great!! What HID kit do you like?

I bought a set from hidmonster88 (I think) and they work great. Had a ballast go out after 6 months and put the other one in and told him. He sent me another one, no questions asked. Bought a set for the truck and wifes care. No problems in over a year.

sent using my middle finger on tapatalk

item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=270638480675&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=44165688757

sent using my middle finger on tapatalk

Just make him aware that there's been a lot of issues so he doesn't come looking for you when they fail or his cluster goes crazy. It's an easy install.

Is XenonKing still around? Excellent quality kits. A little pricey but very good stuff.

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

From all I've read it's a noise issue between the electronics or comm for the cluster and the energy for starting the HID. Some say that it's a cable routing issue. Don't know. The failures are typically ballast related and have been blamed on the on / off headlamp on crank. I can't really tell you anything other than I experienced the low beam ballast issue with the xenonking set I had and that I've read many users complain about those two issues.

On the Gen II the guys are turning the key on , pressing the start switch, and then pulling the clutch in to get around the on/off headlight.

Look at Blanca's pinned HID install thread really well-documents in install of DDM....

I have Zenonking on mine with a switch that i switch on after starting, no problems from my side at all.

Back